Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Work with the HR team to maintain integrity of employee data by performing periodic audit on employee's status, benefits and compensation
• Responsible for file upload of pay data and deduction file interface for US and Canada
• Responsible for generating, auditing and uploading timesheet and time off hours from Workday to Probusiness; ensuring all transactions are posted correctly; reconcile vacation accumulator/ balances or resolve any discrepancies for both US and Canada.
• Perform post audits of semi-monthly payroll for US and Canada ensuring payroll data is processed accurately.
• Assist in year-end close process and benefits rollout for the new year
• Support internal and external payroll audit requests for SOX
• Handles US and Canada Worker's Compensation audit and premium payments.
• Act as functional expert and administrator for Workday time and attendance system, Payroll Work Center and Total Access, fully understanding payroll overtime rules and how they work in conjunction with each other as well as fully understanding the purpose, use and functionality of all pay categories.
• Analyzes and resolves issue correctly within the payroll department or escalates complex problems to appropriate parties for quick resolution. Recommends changes to the systems to help streamline and improve processes.
• Provide and develop various payroll reports in correct format to various internal groups
• Timely resolve internal and external employees inquiries related to Workday Time and Attendance and ADP Work Center and Total Access
• Prepare and reconcile payroll and payroll related general ledger journal entries, understanding payroll related assets, liabilities and expenses.
• Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts
• Perform payroll analysis as required.
• Assist with annual 401K and financial audits
• Review quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting and ensuring filings are handled by ADP as well as the review and distribution of annual W-2s.
• Document and maintain written payroll procedures
• Work cross functionally and serve as back-up for other payroll responsibilities in other team member's absence
• 8+ years of payroll experience and related accounting/finance experience
• Knowledge of general payroll practices, IRS and State tax regulations
• Knowledge of multi state pay related practices specifically (and local ordinances)
• Proficient working with payroll systems that integrate or interface with other systems
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose paths to solution
• Skilled with generating ad-hoc reports
• Must be a team player and be able to support multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with Probusiness preferred and working knowledge of Canada Payroll, tax and labor wage laws
• Experience with Excel, including formulas, v-look up, and linked spreadsheets
• Accurately execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Able to prioritize multiple projects, goals and deadlines
• Understanding of payroll related deductions (Commuter Benefits, FSA, ESPP ,401k contributions, stock transactions
• Team oriented and able to work with employees at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply by creating/using account