Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Project Manager for Information Technology Infrastructure projects. Candidate must be able to create project plan; coordinate work streams and activities of various IT engineering and field service groups. Contractor will primarily work out of the Elk Grove facilities however expected to commute to Willis Tower 1 to 2 days a week.
Candidate to manage project Product Management Lifecycle process including requirements gathering, planning, budgeting, resourcing, managing project builds and cutover. Candidate must be able to develop realistic project plans in Microsoft project; work with cross functional team of engineering disciplines, document and track requirements, issues, risks, project budget, etc. and maintain project archives such as budget, meeting minutes etc. Candidates needs to be able to communicate effectively to various management levels and handle multiple concurrent technology projects.
Ideal candidate is a quick learner, self-starter and creative problem solver with ability to work independently as well as be part of a team with experience managing infrastructure projects in two or more of the following areas: Cloud based technology, network and server refresh projects, managing server OS end of life and server migrations, Oracle and/or SQL Database upgrades/migrations, Citrix, Websphere Migration, VOIP upgrades, Firewall upgrades/replacements, Data Center Decommissioning, WAN backbone implementations, and storage projects.
Tasks to be Performed
• Responsible for management of a single project or multiple small to medium projects of varying complexity and risk
• With the business area, clearly defines the project scope and objectives
• Oversee the development of the detailed business requirements for the project and ensures they address the business unit's objectives
• Develop a detailed estimate of the level of effort, schedule and budget necessary to successfully develop and deliver the solution meeting the requirements and quality expectations
• Develop an initial plan to clearly define the project requirements and determine an appropriate solution design
• Escalate problems as necessary to ensure awareness and seek assistance with resolution when necessary
• Meet the project requirements by delivering a quality solution, on time, and within the planned budget
• Create and manage all of the accepted IDF project management deliverables including the project charter, project plan, budget, resource plan, risk plan, support plan, implementation plan and other deliverables as required
• Track, manage, and adjust the original plan as necessary to ensure successful delivery
• Communicate the requirements, solution design, and estimates to the project sponsor(s)
• Provide regular status reports to stakeholders, sponsors, the enterprise, and others involved in the project
• Effectively coordinate with the various technology, business, and vendor teams to ensure the project's success
Ability to develop detailed project plan and drive project to a successful completion. Candidate should be detail oriented, organized, analytical and articulate; and possess good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including various engineering groups and executive management. Run effective in person and virtual project m meetings with local and remote team members. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is a must.
Position will be based out of Elk Grove Village offices with the need to travel to Chicago Offices 1-2 times per week.
A minimum of Bachelor's Degree or 5 or more years' experience in the implementation of IT infrastructure. PMI certification preferred.
Senior Level (greater than 8 yrs exp.)
Apply by creating/using account