Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Role: Software Engineer Lead - Serial Communication and Diagnostics
Work Location: Warren, MI
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor's Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
"This position requires access to information at risk of including export-controlled technology which some foreign nationals may require a deemed export license to access.”
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Model Diagnostic Objects (DIDs, RIDs and DTCs) in Rhapsody following requirements documented in DOORS.
• Manage Diagnostic Objects and Signals by Domains in the Diagnostic Library in Rhapsody performing baselining and propagation of diagnostic objects/signals for different architecture product lines.
• Analyze DOORS Diagnostic Requirements and perform rationality assessments of these requirements working with Sub-System Lead engineers in properly defining these requirements.
• Interact with FPA (Functional Partitioning and Allocation) engineer to have the properly modeling of System Signals and System Components that will be linked to the Diagnostic Objects and Signals in the Diagnostic Library in Rhapsody.
• Evaluate ODX reports and other diagnostic reports to assert correct deployment of diagnostics to ECUs.
• Work in RTC (Rational Team Concert) to upload DSD (Diagnostic System Design spreadsheet), understand diagnostic requests, approve ballots and close work tickets following GM internal process for CRs (Change Requests).
• Keep good interaction and communication with Domain Architects and System Owners and update status of the CRs assigned to you as Diagnostic Modeler.
• Work with the Tools team in creating additional reports or scripts to ensure quality of the diagnostic modeling and of the diagnostic library as a whole.
• Stay abreast with UDS diagnostic requirements and Autosar software diagnostic modules.
• Study GM specifications and Standard Utility Modules used for diagnostics using Autosar/UDS
• Assure 100% quality output for the diagnostics under your responsibility.
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
• Familiarity with Autosar and UDS diagnostics
• Basic knowledge of the major diagnostic parameter elements including RIDs (Routine Identifiers), Data Identifies (DIDs), Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Control Parameter Identifiers (CPIDs) and Parameter Identifiers (PIDs)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
• C#, C++, Java or Visual Basic programming skills.
• Basic knowledge of major automotive subsystems
• Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic circuit operation
• Ability to coordinate and complete tasks per a release schedule
• Familiarity with RTC (Rational Team Concert), DOORS and Rhapsody.
• Familiarity with ODX (Open Diagnostics data eXchange format)
• Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
• Experience developing Diagnostic requirements, implementations, or service tools for Automotive electrical systems
• Experience developing Service procedures for automotive electrical systems
• Experience using the following tools: Vector CANDela Studio, IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational Synergy, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Team Concert
• Experience with the following key technologies and/or methodologies: UML, XML, ODX
• Experience with GMW3110
Apply by creating/using an account