Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role : Sr. Workday Analyst
Location : Irvine, CA
Duration : 6-8+ Months Contract
Interview Mode: Phone and Skype
· Responsible for development and maintenance of software programs, program documentation, performance monitoring, scheduling and data transmissions.
· Participate in the development of technical standards, reusable programming solutions, systems design process, and system maintenance and modifications, or technical development of systems.
· The job duties listed are essential functions of the position. However, other duties may be assigned, and may also be considered essential functions of the position.
· The caregiver must be sufficiently fluent in the English language to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position.
· The degree of fluency required will vary depending upon the nature of the position."
· Design, document and build technical programs for HRIS systems and integrations (non-Lawson systems only)
· Closely partner with business and systems analysts and users to gather and document requirements during the analysis phase, and interact with other technical staff and management through the complete development lifecycle.
· Effectively resolve programming problems by conducting a thorough analysis of the system and employing appropriate debugging techniques
· Assist HRIS leader/Sr. analysts on the best method for implementing requested changes to existing systems by analyzing the requested alterations in terms of their effects on current programs
· Perform moderately complex SQL queries and use db tools to examine table structures, indexes, and other db objects with minimal guidance
· Assist Sr. analysts for efficient implementation of new software products or systems, system upgrades, system interfaces, SSO, deployment planning and for resolution of any system issues
· Act as workstream lead on projects of simple-medium complexity
· Conduct operational technical migration or promotion activities to HRIS environments under guidance.
· Contribute actively in developing and improving system coding standards, migration procedures, impact assessment processes and communication practices around production technical changes
· Monitor and research system integration issues around data, performance, scheduling and file transmissions.
· Coordinate and communicate resolution on issues with IS support teams, vendors and business system analysts.
· Provide 24 X 7 on-call support for critical production or project issues and coordinate issue resolution and communication needs across functional and technical teams as needed.
· Train other programmer analysts in coding techniques, standards and testing methods
· Participate regularly in professional activities to keep abreast of changes and new developments in HRIS and related technology, and presents relevant materials to HRIS team
· Ensure the availability of system resources by contributing to disaster prevention and recovery efforts caused by events like power outages, hardware failures, etc.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
· Provide input in planning technology changes, system sunsetting, data archivals, etc. in support of HR technology roadmap
· Coordinate with IS teams in data archival, extraction and system decomissioning activities around legacy HR systems
· Required/Preferred Education Level Major/Area of Study And/or
· Required Bachelors Degree Information systems, Computer Science, software engineering or related field
Equivalent work experience
· Required/Preferred Minimum Experience Details
· Required 4 years Progressively responsible experience in systems development, interface design and programming in large, complex HR/payroll/timekeeping systems such as Workday, Taleo or Oracle.
· Required 4 years Understanding of the system data model, system architecture, security, interfaces, reporting, and data load procedures.
· Required 3 years Strong expertise in cloud-based multi-tenant systems
· Preferred 2 years Technical proficiency in SQL tools for complex queries, data analysis and translations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· "Ability to work independently or as part of a team as appropriate"
· Demonstrate competency by maintaining positive, constructive interpersonal relationships, and by understanding and practicing the principles of effective teamwork
· Ability to work across multiple areas and with many diverse IS communities in a multi-project environment
· Ability to prioritize and organize short-term and long-term responsibilities in response to changing demands.
· Solid listening, written, and verbal communication and documentation skills, including the presentation of complex subjects in a clear and precise manner
· Ability to meet timelines and manage time appropriately
· Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner
· Knowledge of MS Word, Advanced Excel, Access, Powerpoint - and ability to use effectively in data analysis and documentation
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Advanced knowledge of Workday, PeopleSoft, Taleo programming languages, data conversion tools, reporting tools, interface files processing, process monitoring and related optimizations/issues.
· Knowledge of migration procedures, system best practices and advanced coding and conversion standards
· Proven experience with Oracle or another relational database.
· Business knowledge of HR applications and business processes including Recruiting, Payroll, HR, and Benefits.
· Ability to turn functional specifications into design and coding specifications for developers to code and test.
· Knowledge of technical upgrade and complex system impact assessment processes
Apply by creating/using an account