Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: Senior Applications Consultant - Embedded Software Engineer
Work Location: Boston, MA
Required Skills and Experience:
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor's Degree.
• Certification: SE level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
Embedded Software Engineer (Medical Device) R&D
Experience Band: 6+ years commercial embedded design experience with demonstrated experience in full product design and launch from concept to grave.
Realtime embedded Software Developer to develop advanced medical device software applications. Medical software device development a plus
B.S. in C.S.. minimum, M.S in C.S. is a plus.
Architect, design and prototype real time software applications for use in endoscopy products to meet customer needs, manufacturability, cost, quality, reliability, effectiveness and usability
Seeks new technologies for integration into new products. Assist in new product planning
Performs sustaining engineering functions to maintain existing products.
Demonstrated ability to perform at individual contributor role with responsibilities for architecture of software subcomponent.
Provides technical support to other groups as required to bring a product successfully through commercialization, helps maintain existing products and supports vendor technical requirements.
Performs design control functions to ensure compliance with FDA, ISO and other QSRs. Takes responsibility for Design History Files, writes product specifications, test protocols and test reports, conducts design reviews when applicable.
Proven Hands-on design experience and product release in the following areas:
• Embedded real time development including board support package bring up, ability to debug at the i/o wire level.
• General embedded design experience including familiarity with design patterns for various communication interfaces including wireless and wired network protocols, debugging tools, familiarity with hardware interfaces (I2C, UARTS, general bus architectures, flash devices and filesystems).
Experience working with OEM partners
Experience in integrating diverse equipment, open source and 3rd party modules
General knowledge and familiarity with the following is a plus
- Experience with FDA Good Manufacturing Practice
- Experience with design controls, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience with PLM tools, e.g., SAP
- Experience with compliance and standards, e.g., IEC60601-1, IEC 62304, IEC 62366.
- Familiarity with image/video processing algorithms a plus and/or knowledge of encoding formats.
- familiarity with both hard processors as well as instantiated firmware processors (Xilinx micro/pico blaze experience a plus)
- familiarity with closed loop control systems (PID) a plus.
Track record in establishing good relations with vendors and external partners.
Track record in delivering in a timely fashion
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to work in a cross-functional team of electrical, software, systems and mechanical engineers
Apply by creating/using an account