Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Mobile App Developer and Support
Location: San Ramon, CA
Position type: Contract
Visa: USC, GC EAD, GC
Retail & Pricing Apps and Mobility is responsible for developing and supporting a suite of Retail, Pricing and Mobile applications used at Chevron internally via DS&C Business Units: Lubricants, Oronite, Americas and external business partners and goal is to deliver business value through differentiated and innovative mobile projects to improve Downstream's performance in safety, reliability & profitable growth¿. These applications allow our internal and external customers to manage key business processes including fuel pricing, merchandise pricing, back office operations, lubricant product pricing, product lifecycle management, and other key retail business processes. We deliver business enabling features by embracing the DevOps culture and applying the scrum methodology.
Mobile App Developer – Position Details
· We are looking for an Dev Ops/Systems Admin, iOS and/or Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse device platforms. Your primary focus will be development and support of mobile applications and their integration with back-end services. You will also improve Chevron's backend infrastructure as it relates to one of the mobile apps, North Star Mobile Application. This is non-junior role as the project requires a number of different expertise in the cloud infrastructure space.
· Responsible for the lifecycle management of released mobile applications including but not limited to testing mobile apps on new operating systems and devices, ensuring code reviews and security scans and risks mitigated, and configuring environment to support application specific and technical requirements as per business needs and implementing solutions
· Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
· Closely work with business partners to understand business requirements and translate into technical requirements, provide consulting, planning and technical services (e.g. enhancements, projects) to perform 3rd level design and support activities including mobile technologies, solutions, custom configurations and performance/troubleshooting for mobile platform
· Participates as key contributor to application support including setting priorities for the activity queue, enhancement, and project work.
· Technical skills:
o 1 - 3+ years of Ansible experience. The applicant should have experience with running production systems in cloud environments via Ansible automation.
o 1 - 3+ years of Azure experience. The applicant should have experience with the Azure cloud provider to the extent that they know about Azure's PaaS offerings and the automation Azure provides to interact with those services. Bonus if they have experience with automating Azure environments via Azure's ARM Templates.
o Experience or demonstrated knowledge of mobile app iOS and Android platform development languages & tools including the iOS SDK, Objective-C, Java or XCode is desired. Experience or demonstrated knowledge of cross platform tools such as Xamarin would be a plus.
o Strong knowledge of UI/UX design principles, patterns, and best practices
o Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android and iOS applications to back-end services
o Experience in managing Web/Mobile application and platform.
1. Experience with building, maintaining, and deploying anything to production with the C# language and .Net framework.
2. Experience with CI/CD pipelines. Jenkins in particular.
3. Experience with VSTS git repositories and VSTS build / release toolsets.
4. Experience with Linux bash scripting and Microsoft PowerShell scripting.
CRITICAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Technical Background - Experience in application development and operational support. Able to diagnose root causes to technical issues and resolve them by designing and deploying effective solutions.
2. Teamwork - Ability to work with a team toward a common goal, staying aligned with agreed strategies, priorities and processes to deliver results. Adapts to changing needs and priorities. Ability to work effectively with team members and customers across the globe.
3. Strong Communication & interpersonal skills - Communicates clearly and effectively with peers, management, and customers across disciplines and geographies. Proven ability to remain focused upon agreed deadlines and deliverables. Resolves business partner issues and escalates issues when necessary. Seeks to understand, educate and build collaborative relationships with business partners.
4. Leadership skills - Ability to plan, organize, coordinate work activities with across multiple teams and be successful at meeting deadlines and keeping projects on time. Work coordination in this space will often require managing tasks that span support groups, end users and vendors resources. Takes ownership of issues and initiatives and works to resolution.
Apply by creating/using an account