Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: ETL Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Client: Georgia Institute of Technology (State of GA)
Duration: 8+ months
Job Purpose: The ETL (Extract, Transfer, Load) Developer is responsible for the movement of data into and out of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which will source data from many of Georgia Tech's institutional systems. Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data warehouse
and other system integration projects. Impact and Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: other ETL developers, business/functional analysts, programmer/analysts,
database/data warehouse administrators and architect. This position typically will advise and counsel: EDM and Client staff for implementation of Data Stage and other units using Data Stage in best practices related to ETL development.
This position will supervise: NA
· Analyze reporting requirements to determine development methods, development templates, and to determine job scheduling.
· Work in an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environment tasked to build a data warehouse using complex transformations that come from many of Georgia Tech's systems.
· Develop ETL jobs primarily in IBM Data Stage, that satisfy identified business process and data models.
· Troubleshoot and help improve existing ETL jobs.
· Follow set standards and best practices in ETL development.
Refactor existing jobs that do not follow set standards.
· Provide guidance in some Data Stage administration tasks such as scheduling jobs, troubleshooting job errors, identifying issues in unusually long running jobs, etc.
· Work with other development units in improving best practices in ETL development for Georgia Tech.
· Monitor nightly loads and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
· Maintain technical support documentation.
Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Degrees required for this job: Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
Years of experience required for this job: 6- 8 years of job related experience. At least 4 years in ETL development in IBM Data Stage ETL tool. These may overlap for a total of 6 years work experience
Technical Skills Required:
· Full life-cycle experience on large/complex enterprise software development projects.
· Hands on experience in IBM DataStage ETL Design, Development Build.
· Experience in project life cycle activities on DW/BI (Data warehouse and Business Intelligence) development and maintenance projects.
· Experience in developing best practices, unit testing and developer code reviews.
· Understanding of Unix/Linux system, files systems, shell scripting.
· Understanding of databases/ data marts/data warehouses and complex SQL and Oracle PL/SQL. Experience with databases including Oracle (12c), Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
· MUST HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH IBM DATASTAGE 11.5 or higher.
· PREFER EXPERIENCE WITH INTEGRATIONS WITH DATASTAGE AND WORKDAY FINANCIALS
· MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SOAP API
Other Skills Required: Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. Good problem solving and analytical skills used to resolve technical problems. Must possess a good understanding of business requirements and IT strategies. Ability to work independently, but must a team player.
Specialized skills preferred:
Experience in a Higher Education environment.
Experience with PeopleSoft HCM and/or PeopleSoft Financials
Experience with Banner.
Apply by creating/using an account