Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Is at least certified on EM foundation (level 0).
• Should have progressing in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Risk Management and Project Financials, KPI & Reporting
• Should have baseline skills Quality Management.
As a Jr. Technical Project Manager for the PMO team, you bring a strong understanding of a project lifecycle from inception to completion, working across functional teams, managing scope, schedule, budget, status, health, risks and issues.
You will work closely with business stakeholders whose focus is News gathering and reporting to understand the unique workflows and challenges they face.
The ideal candidate will collaborate closely on a progressive lean-agile product development team with product managers, software engineers, and other news technology team members translating business objectives into actionable models through rapid prototyping. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can take initiative on their own. They must be highly organized, collaborative and enthusiastic.
• Learn and adhere to internal project governance processes and tool sets
• Manage assigned projects according to the client Project Management Lifecycle Standards
• Understand the technical architecture in order to connect the dots between software and business process
• Develop project plans, including Sprints in Jira for Agile Projects
• Coordinate backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions
• Work closely with the development team on estimating and forecasting work
• Schedule and conduct meetings as needed, noting agreements, issues, and task assignments. Prepare and publish minutes for all meetings within 24 hours
• Run daily scrums with the development team and track progress
• Provide weekly project status to management / stakeholders (where applicable)
• Understand the technical implementation approach, including data flows
• Manage issues and risks appropriately and escalate where required
• Coordinate deployments with the development team
• Ensure smooth hand off to Operations post-deployment
• Close out Sprints or Projects and Conduct Retrospectives
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess solid computer skills
• Must be self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills
• Proven oral and written communication skills; excellent business presentation skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Extremely organized and articulate
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• 2 years+ of experience in implementing key technical projects for the business
• Strong project management skills.
• Proven experience managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously to successful completion
• Familiarity with or certification in a Project Management for software product development (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
• Some experience managing project budgets
• Has managed project teams
• Has completed some formal training in project management
• Diplomacy – In the most difficult situations, maintains positive attitude and relationships with tact and efficiency not appearing frustrated or upset
• Team Player – Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team of professional and willingness to give assistance to co-workers to achieve departmental goals
Desired Characteristics What we are looking for in you
• Passion for Project Planning and Execution
• Driven for continuous improvement and learning new business processes and tools
• Passion for understanding how technology enables key business processes for news story development and production
Apply by creating/using an account