Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client, a Global Leader in the Broadcast / Cable TV industry, is looking to bring on a Data Engineer in their Global Analytics team, which is part of their Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) organization. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
The Global Data Analytics team enables us to turn data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports company efforts to increase revenue, drive ratings, and enhance consumer engagement.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a technical contributor who brings hands-on knowledge of all phases in building large-scale cloud based distributed data processing systems and applications. You will be part of the Global Data & Analytics engineering technology team and will partner closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts & data engineers leading the cloud based Big Data & Analytics strategy.
You'll work on implementing complex AWS based big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple technology platforms. As such, this role requires an understanding of how a secure big data cloud environment is architected to gain real insights faster, with less friction and complexity. The Data Engineer needs to be passionate about working with cutting edge technologies in solving problems and developing prototypes using different open source tools for the selected solutions.
You'll need to be an innovative forward-thinker who will help lead end-to-end execution of data engineering initiatives and contribute directly to existing and emerging business strategies and goals. The Data Engineer will work closely with the Data Engineering Manager to decide on needed infrastructure architecture and software design needs and act according to the decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of pipelines using distributed AWS based big data technologies supporting data processing initiatives across batch and streaming datasets
• Development using Scala, Python languages and Big Data Frameworks such as Spark, EMR, Presto, AWS Athena, Kafka, and Kinesis
• Providing administrative support on deployed AWS platform components
• Identifying, evaluating and implementing cutting edge big data pipelines and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities to integrate external data sources and APIs
• Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs in order to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions
• Processing and managing high volume real time customer interaction streams
• Providing architectural support by building Proof of Concepts & Prototypes
• Proactively delivering data engineering solutions to optimize both the cost and existing solution
• Helping to ensure that solutions stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Sciences or similar
• Minimum of 5-6 years professional Software Industry experience
• 3+ years of development experience with AWS services - specifically collecting, processing and analyzing large volumes of data
• Must have EC2, EMR , RedShift, Data Pipeline or Airflow, S3, Cloud Formation and CLI (must to have ) and Jenkins
• 4+ years of development experience with Apache Spark, Presto, SQL and NoSQL Implementation
• 5+ years of extensive programming in Scala (Must), Shell and Python (Must).
• Proficiency working with structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sets including social, web logs and real time streaming data feeds
• Able to tune Big Data solutions to improve performance and end-user experience
• Knowledge on Visualization and Data Science Tools.
• Expert level usage with Jenkins, GitHub is preferred
• Spark developer / AWS Developer certification is a plus
• Ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others
• Experience in the media industry is a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity which will begin as a 4-6 months consulting engagement, with the client's express intention to offer the selected Consultant a Full-Time Employee position as that contract period winds down. As such, only those individuals who are ready, willing and able to such a conversion can be considered.
Apply by creating/using an account