Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
multiple locations: San Antonio- Texas and Columbus Ohio
Must-Have Security Clearance
This position will participate in the installation, configuration, test, documentation, maintenance, administration, and operation of computer networks and related computing environments including computer and network hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations. These solutions employ leading-edge systems such as Cisco Border Elements, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, VMware virtualization, F5 traffic management, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Routers and Switches, Juniper Firewalls, Linux servers, PKI, and other technologies.
· Administration of systems, servers, and network resources to ensure availability of services to authorized users
· Plan and perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
· Plan, coordinate, and implement cybersecurity measures to protect data, software, and hardware
· Perform installation and configuration of network and server systems hardware and software.
· Perform testing and documentation to report system status and support operations
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
· Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
· Collaborate on a multi-disciplinary team of Software, Test, Network, and Systems Engineers, Cybersecurity Experts, and other Operations staff
· Other duties and responsibilities as directed
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT related discipline, or directly related technical experience is required
· Current and maintained DoD Secret Security Clearance is required
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required
· Current Network and Operating System certifications (Cisco, Security +, Network +, Linux)
· Meet qualifications for DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level II.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to set and achieve goals
· Ability to multi-task in a complex and fast-moving environment
· Strong problem solving and decision-making skills required
· Ability to work with and help mentor junior staff members
· Intermediate networking knowledge: VLANs, Ether channel, Static/Dynamic routing, ACLs, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Border Element
· Advanced Networking techniques: port aggregation, IPSEC, L2TP/VPN. IPS route-maps and capture filters
· Cisco ASA Firewall knowledge: STP, VLANs, Trunking, Static / Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
· Knowledge of F5 Big IP Devices, Juniper Firewalls, and Cisco switches
· Knowledge of Linux scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed for long periods of time throughout the day. The candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For a large percentage of the workweek, it will be ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical business office environment. There is also work in a typical data center environment.
Apply by creating/using an account