Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Network Architect is responsible for developing and designing the Infrastructure Data and Voice strategy for the Madison Square Garden Company. This key technical position is accountable for defining architecture and engineering standards, developing network automation solutions, documentation best practices, system monitoring and analytics and top tier (level 3) operational support.
This position will also mentor staff members in an effort to develop excellent enterprise networking skills.
Specific Functions/Activities SUMMARY: 10 Bullet Points max (ideal 5-7)
· Responsible for creating a unified strategy and tactical execution of implementation plans, as well as operationalizing investments which ultimately result in a resilient network architecture that scalable to meet the growing business needs as well as lowered mean time to repair and time between incidents.
· Working across all business disciplines, this technical leader will ensure that requirements (both business and technical) and use cases are collected with requirements defined to meet expectations in the most efficient and economical way possible
· Conceptualizes, designs, validates and tests complex global network architectures that support voice, video, data and content rendering technology.
· Works closely with MSG leadership to ensure that their technology platform choices are well understood, the support services contracts comply with MSG operational standards, proper thought leadership is represented in the negotiation of support services and that measured services are well defined.
· Designs and implements highly resilient and failure proof network solutions with the ability to withstand system failures, faulty code and other infrastructure impairments – thinks with a global mindset and "never fail” mentality when implementing solutions.
· Designs virtual network services in support of business applications and communication platforms – experience designing for quality of service and micro-services across the network.
· Create a program to visualize the performance of the network, monitor for health and report on problem areas.
· Designs networks for automation and intelligence – embraces the opportunities for machine learning and other advanced intelligent platforms to drive outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS: 10 Bullet Points max (ideal 5-7)
· At least 12-15 years of enterprise network design and architecture experience – applicant must be "hands on keyboard” with the ability to technically explain solution concepts and intangibles.
· Worked at a major media or broadcast company supporting complex networks with absolute fault tolerance in mind.
· Hands on experience deploying various tool sets which support monitoring and alerting across diverse platforms – has integration experience working with event correlation platforms and ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
· 5-8 years of vendor management experience is required – must have managed complex vendor engagements with large organizations such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 and others.
· 5-8 years' experience supporting large events and venues – must have been the lead engineer or architect in support of production events such as sports, Olympics, news events or other locations
· 5-8 years' experience leading diverse project teams
· At least 10 years of working with enterprise systems platforms such as compute, storage, data centers and automation
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or computer engineering is preferred
· Experience with advanced network engineering solutions utilizing various product platforms such as Cisco, F5, Citrix, Palo Alto and NetScout.
· 7 years designing connectivity to public cloud services providers specifically AWS and Azure.
· Experience working with broadcast networks and streaming technology – supported and designed networks which feed content and data to social media sites and other digital properties.
· Must be fluent in all aspect of network security and security elements – designs networks with proper controls and governance from conception to execution.
Role is an individual contributor role but may lead complex project teams.
Apply by creating/using an account