Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Agile Scrum Master
· The Scrum Master is accountable for ensuring that projects are properly executed according to the guidelines established by the Program Manager and Farmers Program and Project Management methods and principles.
· The Scrum Master should also be adept in modifying approaches to managing agile, XP, waterfall and SDLC methods in order to align with the PMO and Farmers culture.
· The Scrum Master provides direction, guidance, and oversight to a cross-functional business and technical scrum team assigned to the projects.
· Following the Agile Values and Principles, the Scrum Master is responsible for leading teams and following the Scrum framework. The Scrum Master s main focus is to lead, motivate, and remove barriers for the team. The Scrum Master will work with the Program Manager to determine necessary status reporting and support for managing the Scrum team.
· The Scrum Master provides overall leadership and direction of all Scrum participants on a given project acting as the front-line contact with the Program Manager and functional Managers on project related issues, responding to concerns with clear and concise feedback, and providing formal status reports.
· Provides input on the determination of program scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, budgets, and risks per Farmers standard methods and practices.
· Monitors and documents program status; anticipates problems and resolves them or escalates them to the appropriate level of management for resolution in order to ensure proper project completion within schedule and budget constraints.
· Identifies and removes barriers that may impede successful completion of the project.
· Coordinates project closeout and transfer of ownership activities for program deliverables upon formal acceptance by program sponsor(s).
· Works with the Program Manager to refine and enhance project planning, executing, and controlling methodologies and processes.
· Supports project management as a discipline, contributing to development of project management standards and standards and policies as relevant to the overall program.
· Coordinates and organizes sprint team backlog and future release roadmap based on key dependencies and logical sequence of code development and works with the Program Manager and functional managers to secure approval.
· Acts as a Scrum Master for a cross-functional business and technical team and matrixes organization, along with potential 3rd party Vendors.
· Functions as the primary liaison between the project team, Program Manager, functional manager and others as determined.
· Provides project management controls, project plans, timeline schedules, facilitate including sprint team backlog and burn downs.
· As a member of the PMO, the individual is expected to lead and drive business value by operating in ambiguity as the nature of the work dictates. This can involve adding value as an Agile Scrum master, supporting XP development and integrating with waterfall methods.
· Fosters better communication between team members and is able to communicate team member challenges to Program Manager.
· Ability to manage mission critical risk across the organization. Understands techniques to identify and manage risk impact and exposure.
· Lead continuous improvement initiatives as opportunity arises.
· Understands complex and conceptual business issues.
· 5-10 years' experience with project and/or program management concepts and practices
· Resource willing to be flexible and adept in a fast paced environment and can contribute to the overall development and growth of a corporate program/initiative.
· Experienced with group and meeting facilitation as well as conflict management techniques.
· Some experience with financial and earned value analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
· Experience with Critical Path Diagramming & PERT Analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
· Experience with Agile tools preferred story grooming, tasks management, story burn down, story backlog management.
· Experience with JIRA/Greenhopper tool a plus.
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Desktop Software Project, Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Project Server experience a plus.
· Management of project budget/financials $2M
· Proven 3 years working knowledge and practitioner expertise of Agile Values and Principles and Scrum methodology.
· Demonstrate track record in delivering complex projects and/or programs with a strong focus on execution
· Strong written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
· Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
· Strong people oversight and mentoring skills
· Strong consultative, customer focus skills
· Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. Interacts effectively with teammates and business partners; makes
· persuasive and informative presentations;
· Is able to be mentored and serve as a mentor for other team members
· Experience with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles.
· Experienced with process mapping, analysis, and re-engineering concepts, tools, and techniques.
· Experience with one or more Continuous Improvement tools or methodologies.
· Experience leading and coaching team members
Apply by creating/using an account