Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
IT Support Specialist - Information Technology
Location: Wilmington, NC, US
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness Medical Practice Hospital & Health Care
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Supports the administration of the clinic's computer systems by completing special projects; troubleshooting complex hardware and software problems and administering network access, communications and security for end-users and groups in a complex network environment of Windows Ethernet local area network, intranet/internet, wireless and legacy systems.
The Systems Support Specialist is the first level of a two-level computer system support series. The Support Specialist is distinguished from the Senior Support Specialist, who has the added responsibility of supervising staff and day-to-day computer operations of a unit.
Provides end-user support for computer applications which include designing and generating various reports; creating back-up copies of data sources; and loading new data into systems.
Completes special computer projects to include researching and testing necessary products, making recommendations, developing standards, overseeing implementation, and documenting the process.
Monitors hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment to include installing and upgrading applications; configuring programs to meet end-user needs; troubleshooting issues; and reviewing usage reports.
Serves as a consultant to department heads and staff by assessing needs and recommending appropriate hardware and software.
Coordinates system security to include adding and deleting users as necessary; assessing individual access needs and making system changes; and troubleshooting system access issues.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. Performs work during emergency/disaster situations.
Position Specific Duties
Some positions may: serve as lead to staff to include assigning and monitoring work, providing direction, and training staff.
Involves typing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Travel between clinic locations throughout the Wilmington area is required on a daily basis. The ability to work an "on call” rotation involving being available to respond to telephone calls requesting assistance and/or physically responding to a clinic location during evening hours and weekends is required.
Support Specialist Competencies
• Customer Service
• Teamwork/Process Focus
• Interpersonal Relationships/Communication
• Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving
• Organizational Skills/Time Management
• Principles of computer hardware, software, and networking
• General programming techniques
• Data management principles
• Troubleshooting computer hardware, software, and networking
• Hardware, software, and services vendors
• Customer service techniques
• Work monitoring techniques
• Techniques for generating automated reports
• Various software applications with emphasis on electronic medical records and practice
• management software
• Internet concepts
• Basic business principles
• Assigning and monitoring work
• Ethernet network design
• Windows network administration
• Supporting mobile/wireless computers
• Supporting remote access solutions
• Analyzing end-user system and program needs
• Installing and configuring PCs and printers
• Creating backups of data sources
• Monitoring and maintaining computer system security
• Configuring systems and software
• Providing customer service
• Designing and maintaining internet sites
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, clinic
• staff, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
ADA Physical Demands:
Rarely (Less than .5 hrs/day) Occasionally (0.6 – 2.5 hrs/day) Frequently (2.6 – 5.5 hrs/day) Continuously (5.6 – 8.0 hrs/day)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
Three years of computer support experience that includes installation and troubleshooting, where one year was at a supervisory level
or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
Valid NC Driver's License
Apply by creating/using an account