Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position Title: Maintenance Technician – Industrial Maintenance - CA #5732
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
Job type: Fulltime / Contract
This is a regular full-time hourly position with a varied schedule due to shift rotation and emergency call backs and possible weekend work. As a member of the Maintenance Department, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining and servicing all facility machinery and equipment to reduce down time for all production areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the work functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Daily testing and logging of boiler, cooling towers, chillers, cold rooms, water systems, and air conditioning for incubation rooms
2. Perform and complete Preventative Maintenance on all mechanical equipment and vehicles
3. Install, troubleshoot, and maintain electrical, computer and PLC systems.
4. Confer with Maintenance Manager on project planning and priorities
5. Ability to work with outside vendors to specify and install process equipment to improve facility efficiency and performance
6. Develop positive relationships with all facility departments and management to work as a team
7. Building repair and new construction including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and painting
8. Metal fabrication and welding for new equipment and equipment repair
9. Actively train other maintenance workers on skills learned from past employment and training classes
10. Complete weekly reports to generate to the Maintenance Manager
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Emergency repairs to all production equipment failures including after hours and weekends
2. Ordering and purchasing spare parts and equipment using current JDE purchase requisition procedure
3. Grounds maintenance including lawn, weed abatement, and tractor field work
4. Driving of company trucks and vehicles for compost trays and spawn deliveries
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work with small hand tools, gasoline powered equipment, electrical meters, and cleaning supplies
2. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
3. Possess very good organizational and personnel skills
4. Clean DMV record
5. Certified to operate forklift and electric pallet jacks
6. Qualified to drive flatbed and van body trucks.
7. Demonstrated leadership and training skills for lower level technicians
Education and Work Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Able to lift 100 pounds
• Mechanical aptitude and familiar with hand and power tools
• Excellent attendance and safety record
• Clean driving record and subject to random drug and alcohol testing for truck driving
• Operate forklifts and pallets jacks
• Able to work all shifts and have a working phone number for emergency call backs and response to temperature alarms
• Must have at least two years of hands on experience working with electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Creativity and innovation – Initiate conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
• Willing and able to grow with the company while learning something new each day and ability to "think out of the box” while repairs to equipment are being performed to assure future repairs are carried out efficiently in a timely manner to minimize downtime
Personal and Protective Equipment:
This role requires the use of Steel toe safety shoes that meet the requirements set forth by the American National Standards Institute regarding electrical and crush injury prevention. Gloves, respirator/dust mask.
Tools, Applications and Equipment Used:
Hand and power tools normally found in a shop where mechanical, electrical and welding take place. Socket sets, wrenches, welding equipment etc.
Apply by creating/using an account