Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Attention to detail; Clear and concise communication skills; Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Client can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
The Baltimore Position Services team ensures the timely and accurate, processing and payment of corporate action events for US, Canadian and Latin American markets, including Dividends, Mandatory events, Voluntary Elections, Proxy Votes and Class Actions.
- Proficiency in navigating internet and web-based applications.
- Interpret wide range of reference materials. Utilization of 3rd party information providers interfaces (e.g. Xcitek, Bloomberg, SWIFT, etc.), as well as those of Agents and Exchange.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, maintains accurate and complete records
- Strong organizational skills
- Learns quickly and displays adaptability
- Shows initiative, is self-motivated and also works well with a team
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Write technical documents, business specs, test plans and scripts
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Validate full range of international corporate actions, from simple events such as Cash Dividend and Returns of Capital, to more complex events like Mergers and Optional Exchanges.
- Perform front to back processing of corporate action events, including set up, validation, payment and reconciliation
- Extensive interaction with various departments including international Position Services groups, Prime Brokerage and Controllers
- Field high volume of diverse inquiries from various consumers, business units and stakeholders.
- Interface with external corporate action data providers, counterparties, industry utilities and third party service providers.
- Scrutinize day to day processes, technology platforms and workflows, and identify and implement opportunities for enhancement and improvement
- Participate in system testing and respond to ongoing demands for increased coverage and service.
The department's stakeholders include the Institutional Equity and Fixed Income Divisions, as well as Wealth Management. Products supported include but are not limited to Equities and Fixed Income Products.
Apply by creating/using an account