Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Note to Suppliers:
Working Job Title: Activation Technical Support Technician – SDWAN Support
TWO LOCATIONS: Please list location preference ON RESUME for consideration.
Schedule: 8:30am-5pm (potential on call and weekends)
Interviews: 1st - phone screen, 2nd- In-Person
The Technician should have an advanced understanding of IP Network functions such as MPLS, Internet, Ethernet, and Managed Services signal flow. Performs tasks associated with the maintenance, implementation, troubleshooting, and change of company IP network services. Requires a solid understanding of telecommunications, as the tech will be responsible for assisting, leading and engaging the team for technical development, processes, documentation, standardizing and procedures of the team. Ability to communicate with customers effectively to troubleshoot IP and Security issues.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
• CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred, or equivalent job experience
• MEF-CECP 2.0+ preferred, or equivalent job experience
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a professional manner
• Fundamental Knowledge of OSI model
• Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR)
• Advanced knowledge of Routing Protocols. Experience must include: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing, Multi-cast, & QoS/CoS
• IPSEC & GRE, and Security/Firewall basics
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN technologies, WAN technologies and ISP/Hosting technologies)
• Advanced knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
• Strong fundamentals of SD-WAN technologies.
• Experience with Versa Director or equivalent GUI
• Comfortable with CLI, experience with Unix is a big plus
• Assist SDWAN team on advanced troubleshooting exercises
• Work with customers during live traffic service activations.
• Ability to work with inter-departments to resolve and troubleshoot technical issues.
• Demonstrates professional customer-facing communication skills.
• Drives resolution of faults through vendors and internal groups.
• Multi-tasks and interfaces between many systems and databases.
• Performs all levels of IP troubleshooting.
• Performs all levels of Firewall and Security issues
• Proactively finds opportunities to improve departmental effectiveness such as, decrease MTTR/MTTI, reduce defects, improve first pass yield, etc.
• RFO creation and customer follow up.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Mentor and train technicians.
• 8+ years of relevant job experience.
• Education Level: Bachelor's or Master's Degree, or equivalent Education, and relevant work experience.
• Field of Study: Engineering or related field (Telecom, Network, IT)
• Relevant job experience is described as:
• Job experience in similar industry
• Job experience with similar essential duties
• Leadership experience
• Physical Requirements:
• Office – Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
• CCNA / CCNP Certifications
• JNCIP/JNCIE Certifications
• MEF-CECP 2.0+
• Attention to detail with good organizational and transcription capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
• Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance
• Ability to mentor lower-level technicians
Apply by creating/using an account