Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
“No 3rd party candidates can be submitted for consideration
Max vendor rate: $107.76
THIS IS ON SITE ROLE
Role: DevOps Engineers (QTy -4)
Location: 2355 Dulles Corner Blvd, Herndon, VA (ON SITE)
Vendor rate: $109.50/hr
H1B okay ? or citizen and green card (Please specify)* - Only citizen
US Citizenship: Will client accept alternate submission of Non-US Citizen – YES/ NO* - Nope only citizen
Local Resident or flexible to accept submittals for job seekers who may need to arrange travel - Local/Flexible* - Local is preferred
3rd Party Vendors: Will Practice accept supplier who submit candidates through 3rd Party- YES/NO* - No
Prescreen/Phone Screen with CTL IT Service Talent Acquisition Rep: YES/NO * Yes
Interview with CTL Manager: Phone/In Person* Phone
Potential interview with CTL manager and CTL client: Face to Face* Phone
Minimum Job Requirements
• Entry to intermediate level knowledge of various technologies used by development and operations (or equivalents)
• Perform Systems landscape support in the assigned functional areas. Basic analytical, problem solving skills. Improve system landscape support in the assigned functional areas of responsibility
• Very good understanding of agile software engineering process (coding, testing, Continuous Integration, QA, and Dev tools). Ability to gather, document, and disseminate system / code requirements. Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules
• Independent assurance of effective system operations along the software lifecycle. Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment
• Ability to communication and present for the purpose of providing knowledge management in the team. Collaborate with engineering and product management as well as other service groups. Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Ensure excellent quality and maintain high standards in all process listed in the relevant process maps. Adheres to standards and procedures.
• Engage in operations Model /Operational processes and procedures. May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions.
• Demonstrates analytical, problem solving skills. Seek pragmatic and effective solutions with a focus on customer satisfaction
• Ability to communicate appropriately with customers. Remain focused and patient to seek pragmatic and effective solutions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
• A proven track record as a team player and ability to work independently. Shares knowledge, skill, or expertise with others
• Master Degree in Programming/ Systems, Computer Science or other related field.
• Bachelors Degree in Programming/Systems, Computer Science or other related field with 2 or more years of experience
• Associates degree in Programming/Systems, Computer Science or other related field with 4 or more years of relevant experience
• Or equivalent/ relevant work experience (6 + years)
• Chef Fluency Badge
• Minimum Knowledge and Skills Requirements
Programming Language / Automation
• Exposure to Go, Python
• Exposure to Bash or Powershell
• Experience in Chef Cookbook development, Ruby, troubleshooting SQL
Platform [OS/Web Server/App Server/Middleware tools]
• Exposure to Splunk, Nagios/ Zabbix, Postfix, Akamai (CDN)
• Basic knowledge configuring Apache, Nginx, or IIS
• Experience installing and performing basic troubleshooting of Redhat or Windows OS
• Experience with DNS
• Exposure to AWS Technologies, specifically EC2, EBS, S3, VPC
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Understanding of networking concepts. Understanding of TCP/UDP, stateless vs stateful firewall, and familiarization with routing
• Understanding of virtualization concepts, such as provisioning, backups/snapshots,and hardware architecture
• Basic understanding of HANA, Oracle, MySQL (HANA Preferred)
• Experience in system hardening, and SSL Certification process
• Understanding of basic cybersecurity policies, and FEDRAMP security policies.
Other tools (preferred but not required)
• Exposure to with Markdown, Git, Chef Automate, and/or Jenkins
• Atlassian’s JIRA or similar task tracking/ticketing tool.
• Atlassian’s Hipchat or similar team communication tool.
• Atlassian’s Confluence, Microsoft’s SharePoint or similar knowledge management tool
Apply by creating/using an account