Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
L3 Network Engineer – Data & Voice (Onsite Lead)- Danbury CT – Full Time
· The Network Engineer will be a senior member of Network team at onsite (Stamdford, CT). This person will be responsible for network operations and infrastructure services regionally and globally. As a part of the Network Team, the candidate's responsibilities will include day to day tickets and support, participation in on-call rotation, and documentation and as an onsite SME will interface with customer stakeholders and be the interface with customer & Offshore team.
· This environment includes, but is not limited to: Cisco routers, Cisco IOS switches, Cisco Nexus line, Cisco ASA firewalls, VOIP platforms..
· Knowledge of Routing and Switching design, configuration, implementation and support
· Understanding of routing and switching protocols including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, Spanning Tree.
· Excellent overall understanding of Cisco products:
· ASA Firewalls – 5500-X Series experience: configuring access rules; configuring site-to-site and remote access VPN's; troubleshooting
· Switches and Routers including Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 1v
· Must be proficient with network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds, experience with Open Source tools a plus
· Cloud experience is highly desirable
· Experience with network troubleshooting & resolution of very complex routing problems via protocol analyzers, etc.
· Experience in implementing and supporting new technologies and understanding of associated business implications
· Answering incoming telephone and ticket requests from customers requiring technical support for our cloud VoIP platform, internet connectivity, and related local area network issues.
· Assisting customers with firewalls, switches, and other network devices for optimal use with our cloud VoIP platform.
· Creating and/or adding to a knowledgebase by documenting issues, causes, and resulting fix.
· Programming, provisioning, and testing new customer IP Phones and Network equipment.
· Design and setup of voice Auto Attendant's, ring groups, call routing etc.
· Assisting with management of equipment RMA's.
· Assisting with management of client's production voice systems, servers, and network infrastructure.
· Assisting with various responsibilities when needed to help build, maintain, improve, and document our products and services as our business grows.
· Experience with VoIP soft-switches, session boarder controllers, and IP phones is an advantage, but not a requirement.
· Prepare documentation (procedural, planning, informational), to support systems engineering.
· Work closely with technical owners of applications to securely plan, deploy, and troubleshoot new or upgraded functions.
· Provide performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring, disaster recovery planning, and automation for systems and applications.
· Participate in rotating on-call coverage.
· Ensure performance, reliability, and security in a dynamic 24-7-365 production data center environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum of 8+ years' experience focused on Data Center network support, configuration and implementation
· Minimum 6+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS and FWs
· Minimum of 5+ years' experience in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.), SMTP and SNMP.
· Exposure to Cisco UCS platform and related switching configurations
· Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPsec, L2L VPN, and Remote Access VPN
· Networking and security architectural and engineering support experience across local, regional and global domains
· Ability to effectively execute multiple IT projects and deadlines with limited supervision.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Independent thinking and troubleshooting.
· Enthusiasm and adaptability, able to acquire new skills and knowledge quickly.
· Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer engineering, systems or related field.
· CCNP or equivalent industry &/or business networking experience desired
Apply by creating/using an account