Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Project Manager oversees the full project management life cycle for the implementation of strategic IT and business initiatives.The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of key customer project(s) with the goal of delivering on time, within budget and within scope. The Senior Project Manager manages, coordinates, and establishes priorities for complete life-cycle of projects including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various clients. The Senior Project Manager designs project plans, which identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel. The Senior Project Manager determines project needs and acquires resources required for the success of the project. The Senior Project Manager may coordinate the development of new systems and/or applications projects, the modification of existing systems or applications, or changes in current methods or techniques. The Senior Project Manager coordinates project performance with the other work of the affected department or departments. The Senior Project Manager is highly skilled and proficient in discipline. The Senior Project Manager conducts complex work important to the organization. The Senior Project Manager works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Course of Study/Major: Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Related Work Experience: 10+years
Work experience / skills / abilities required to perform the job effectively.
• Agile/Scrum experience required
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar required
• Experience as a technical Project Manager for medium or large information technology projects using Integrated project teams, including oversees the full project management life cycle of strategic IT and business initiatives.
• Experience using project management best practices (PMBOK)
• Experience managing one or more medium to large project initiatives with responsibility for meeting scope, timeline, and quality commitments.
• Experience estimating staffing levels and schedule using defendable BOE estimation models.
• Experience manages Integrated Project Temas/ matrixed personnel
• Experience identifing and manageing risk
• Solid understanding of critical paths and project dependencies; facilitate issue resolution across project teams, product management, and engineering.
• Demonstrated experience with complete project management lifecycle
• Demonstrated experience managing technical solution delivery projects with fixed deadlines containing interrelated tasks being performed by multiple teams.
• Proven ability to closely track projects with weekly and monthly status meetings / reports
• Excellent client-facing and internal verbal and written communication skills
• Expereince implementing or managing Cloud, AWS, DEVOPS, infrastructure or deployment automation, CICD, software development, Microsoft O365, VDI, ServiceNow, Oracle Fusion Middleware, data cetner operations, and/or other strategic technologies
• Experience successfully managing communcations between infrastructure teams and sofware development and/or technology consumers.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project
• Prior federal contract experience a plus
• EVM experience a plus
• PMP preferred.
This position reports to Director, Strategic Initiatives . This position has no direct internal reports rather is responsible for managing project(s), program(s) and / or vendors.
Apply by creating/using account