Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Information Systems Architect, Senior-(DevOps/Cloud) focuses on DevOps and CI/CD initiatives leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across government programs. The Information Systems Architect, Senior-(DevOps/Cloud) works within a hybrid Cloud and on premise Data Center environment and effectively harnesses the power and versatility of Cloud and DevOps technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. The Information Systems Architect, Senior-(DevOps/Cloud) provides architectural solutions for Federal government customers, is highly skilled and proficient in discipline. The Information Systems Architect, Senior-(DevOps/Cloud) conducts complex work important to the organization and works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment that encompasses all facets of Cloud and DevOps services, including solution, scoping and delivery.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Course of Study/Major: relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Type of Credentials/Licenses: ITIL required; CISSP, AWS or Azure Certified Solutions Architect, VCP, RHCA desired.
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
Work experience / skills / abilities required to perform the job effectively.
In-depth knowledge of DevOps technology trends and standards, both from a business and technical viewpoints.
• Experience in DevOps architecture, CI/CD, and platform automation
• Understanding of software development processes and principles
• Solid understanding of Security / Information Assurance best practices
• Experience with public cloud technologies including AWS and Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.).
• Experience with automation and configuration management using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or equivalent;
• Experience with source control using GIT or similar (CVS, SVN, etc.)
• Experience with continuous integration environments using Jenkins or similar
• Experience designing and implementing container infrastructure, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Extensive understanding of and ability to solution service offerings across :
o Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL)
o Application Development and Maintenance (including a basic understanding of various programming languages, and SOA).
o System Integration and Management (including multiple SDLC methodologies, CMMI, and IEEE);
o Operations and Maintenance.
• Comprehensive understanding of Government procurement policies and practices across the business development life-cycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development).
• Ability to strategize and develop complex responses to Government solicitations.
• Must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders assessing a client's As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a roadmap to achieve the To-Be vision based on a Cloud Architect scalability.
• Must have hands on experience helping clients create a coordinated strategy for adopting DevOps and CI/CD practices for enterprise-wide use.
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux;
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment (AWS, Azure, VMware, etc.).
• Experience in scripting using one or more of the following languages: Java, Perl, Ruby, or Python
• Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management.
Apply by creating/using account