|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Palo Alto, California
|Start Date: ||03/17/2023|
Our client, the world's leading search engine and technology company, is seeking a Technical Writer. This is a 6 month + contract located in Palo Alto, CA and a hybrid remote position.
- Our client is seeking a Publication Specialist (technical writer) to assist in the development and publication of documentation sets and web content that support our global operations, including, but not limited to, flight operations, maintenance, and safety.
- The successful candidate is someone who can grasp technical detail quickly, use their excellent communication skills to organize and convey such technical material to their audience, and drive a systematic documentation review and approval process.
- Update content for technical publications.
- Follow teamdocumentation workflow.
- Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Respond to reviewer comments and suggestions.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to identify and resolve issues.
- Utilize the latest tools and techniques to manage and deliver documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the field of writing, technical writing, or communications.
- Excellent learning and communication skills.
- 5+ years of demonstrated aviation writing experience, including procedures manuals, checklists, flight manuals, or similar documents.
- Strong project management skills.
- Familiarity with a range of tools for authoring and managing technical content, such as MadCap Flare, Oxygen, Ultraedit, or similar.
- Experience with a variety of issue tracking and source control systems, such as Jira, Google Issue Tracker, GitHub, or similar.
- Familiarity with common graphics packages, such as Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, or similar.
- 4-5 years' experience in: Technical Writing - Documenting technical processes and best practices to be followed by operators of the system.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Previous experience with sUAS.
- Self-starter and problem solver who likes working in a collaborative, team environment.
- Experience in document management.
Pay rate range: $70 - $91 hourly.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.