Data Engineer - Data Modernization / Data Lake
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Warren, New Jersey
|Position Type:||Right to Hire|
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/27/2023 to 09/29/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking a Data Engineer for a 6 month contract to hire position with a P&C Insurance / Reinsurance agency. This will be a hybrid position and requires being onsite 4-5 times per month in Warren, NJ or Hartford, CT
- Data Engineer for the Data Modernization/Dta Lake team to aid in driving the execution of our Global Data Strategy.
- This is a 6 months consult to hire role, candidates must be able to convert to fulltime without sponsorship.
- Location: Hybrid Onsite (4-5 times per month) in Warren, NJ or Hartford, CT
- In this highly visible position, you will apply strong technical acumen and leadership in partnership with business counterparts to effectively define, plan and deliver technical solutions that support business outcomes. This is a role that will provide an opportunity to be for career growth as a strong engineering leader.
- Partner and work collaboratively with internal customers to understand strategic analytics and business intelligence needs and the associated enabling technology requirements.
- Assist in delivering data & analytics to enable a modern cloud-based data environment and the best practices, governance, and controls to support the broad adoption and use across the enterprise
- Deliver enabling capability to support the rapid ingestion of new data and the timely deployment of advanced analytic models into production
- Support the development of engineering capabilities that promotes sharing, inner sourcing and reuse of code, capabilities and methods in a cloud-first environment that leverages highly automated DevOps tools and capabilities
- Accelerate data and analytics transformation and cloud adoption while being a champion of security, standards, governance, and best practices with a focus on data quality and integrity
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
- 2+ years in the data engineering space with deep experience delivering enhanced analytic and data access capabilities
- SQL- 2+years
- At least one of the following: Python, Spark
- 2+ years of experience in Big Data Technologies
- Experience with Cloud-based technologies (MS Azure & ADF preferred)
- Experience with advanced functional programming (Scala, Python)
- Knowledge of Azure cloud and Data Lake preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, a nd disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Experience with Cloud-based technologies (Spark, Kafka, Databricks)
- Direct experience with Machine Learning techniques (Deep Learning, Sentiment Analysis, Random Forest/Decision Tree modelling)
- Productionize analytical data products by deploying them in cloud-based platforms using CI/CD tools
- Collaborate in an agile team structure to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full stack development technologies using Jira
- Knowledge or experience within the Insurance or Financial Services Industry
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
Behavioral Health Platform
Medical, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Account
Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.