Quality Engineer III
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/10/2023 to 10/09/2023|
New Journey is currently seeking a Quality Engineer – Mechanical Commodity with our agriculture and services client in their Racine, WI location. This is a 6-month contract position and a hybrid opportunity.
- New Journey is seeking a qualified candidate for the Supplier Quality Engineer - Mechanical Commodity position. They will serve as a vital role in working with suppliers in an up-front, preventative and in a problem-solving mode. They will collaborate with suppliers and relevant internal functions such as purchasing, engineering, and the plants to guarantee the quality of components from the supply base for new product launches and current production. This position is eligible for a hybrid work model and is based out of the Racine, WI area.
- Qualification of potential suppliers and Approval of components – Potential supplier Audit (PSA), business case, Production Part approval Process (PPAP), Interim Recovery Worksheet (IRW), Process Audit (PA), Program Reviews (PR)
- Support for new program launches -- Tech Review, Quality Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Resolution of supplier quality issues and management of supplier quality performance -- SQP management, PIQ/PPM metrics,
- Current product management (CPM) resolutions
- Assure proper nonconformity containment tools application as CSL1/2/3 (Containment Shipping Level) and proper corrective actions to achieve stable supplier conformity. • Extensive understanding of problem-solving techniques at suppliers (8D, Ishikawa, pareto diagram etc.).
- Support warranty recovery projects -- technical support on warranty
Range: The hourly pay rate range for this position is $48.25 - $50.00/hr. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This range is subject to change.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required - BSME, BSIE or BSTech.
- A minimum of six (6) years of manufacturing/quality control/design experience in Mechanical and/or Hydraulics components. Three (3) of the six (6) years of experience needs to focus on: quality engineering, supplier quality engineering and/or quality management with understanding and experience working with Advanced Quality Planning tools (design reviews, FMEAs, Contractual Control Plans, Inspection and Test plans, Gage R&R Studies, Capability Studies, SPC, 7-step or 8D corrective action process).
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time within North America
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as New Journey employees will be considered for this position.
About New Journey/Genesis10:
New Journey, a Genesis10 company, is a leader in staffing, providing opportunities in light industrial, finance/accounting, financial services, human resources, data, administrative, autonomous vehicles, business operations, and legal, amongst others. These opportunities provide professional growth with direct-hire, contract, & contract-to-hire roles at Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies.
Benefits of working with New Journey include:
Our team of experienced recruiters can help you find the ideal job to help you build your career. We care about people. We care about you. To learn more and to view all of our available career opportunities, please find us by searching "New Journey AI”
- Weekly pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
New Journey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.