|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||New York, New York
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/03/2023 to 12/29/2023|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Commercial Counsel with our client in their New York, NY location. This is an 8 month + contract position and a hybrid remote opportunity.
- Our client is the world's largest professional network, built to help members of all backgrounds and experiences achieve more in their careers.
- Our vision is to create economic opportunities for every member of the global workforce.
- Every day our members use our products to make connections, Client opportunities, build skills, and gain insights.
- We believe amazing things happen when we work together in an environment where everyone feels a true sense of belonging, and that what matters most in a candidate is having the skills needed to succeed.
- It inspires us to invest in our talent and support career growth.
- Join us to challenge yourself with work that matters.
- We trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams.
- This role offers both hybrid and remote work options.
- This means you can work from home and commute to a company office, depending on what's best for you and when it is important for your team to be together, or you can work remotely from most locations within the country listed for this role.
- The Legal & Public Policy Team is seeking a versatile and enthusiastic Commercial Counsel (Contract).
- Our Team consists of legal professionals and paraprofessionals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets who set an extremely high bar for provision of legal services.
- If you like smart, funny, and motivated people who do not take themselves too seriously, you will fit in well with our Team!
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating high-volume commercial agreements to support our client's business objectives.
- Collaborating with Sales, Deal Desk, Finance, Strategic Sourcing, and other cross-functional teams on internal approvals to ensure sales and procurement transactions are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Teaming with other attorneys and paraprofessionals to optimize support to the business.
- Creating leverage by identifying scalable ways to deliver legal services and drive business results: if you see a better way of doing something, identify and implement it.
- Helping to educate the business teams on contractual, regulatory and compliance issues affecting the business cycle.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school.
- License or admission to practice law in at least one US state bar association.
- 3+ years' experience practicing as a commercial technology transaction attorney.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- A proven understanding of commercial contracting and intellectual property law principles.
- Familiarity with EU data protection law and other privacy frameworks.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with cogency & empathy.
- Impeccable integrity, good judgment, and well-honed analytical skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and help scale legal support for a rapidly growing company.
- A sense of humor!
Pay rate range: $90.00 - $140.00 hourly.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.