Object Oriented Python/Financial/JC
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Jersey City, New Jersey
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/27/2023 to 03/26/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Application Programmer with our client in the financial industry located in Jersey City, NJ. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Senior developer that will be responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining application used for Independent Price Verification process for the Global Markets business
- Responsible for developing object-orientated software in Python, object-oriented database, and grid computing using proprietary Quartz platform
- Responsible for developing data transfer tools to replicate data from no-sql datastore to an Oracle (Exadata) database
- Responsible for building REST web services
- Responsible for designing interface between UI and REST service
- Responsible for building data-grid centric UI based on Angular framework
- Participating fully in the development process through the entire software lifecycle
- Participating fully in Agile software development process
- 6-10 years of overall technology experience is required
- 6-10 years of designing and developing in an object-oriented environment with any OO language is required (i.e., Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- 3-5 years Python experience
- Experience across a range of languages and technologies, especially C++/Java and Python
- 6-10 years designing and tuning SQL database tables/queries is required
- Strong written and verbal communications
Pay Range: $58.26-$66.26
- Experience and desire to work in an Agile process (pair programming, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of problem domain in which they have been working
- Strong communication skills
- Passion to learn new technology
- Relevant industry (banking middle/back office/Finance) experience
- Experience with git, npm, Angular (5.x or later) a plus
- Experience with financial instruments and Price Verification processes is desirable
- Experience with grid computing and high data volume a plus
- Experience with object-oriented database a plus
- Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing, and continuous integration is desirable
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.