Sr. Data Engineer
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/03/2023 to 04/01/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Sr. Data Engineer Consultant with our client in the transportation industry in their Atlanta, GA location. This is a 12 + month contract position.
- Seeking a Sr. Data Engineer Consultant
- Our client is on a journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry, a journey of transformation. They are changing the way we do business from top to bottom as we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision
- Partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize machine learning and optimization models that deliver new insights to the business
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for the client's internal business operations, customers, and partners
- Take responsibility for ensuring that model code, data pipelines, API's, and user interfaces are developed and deployed successfully into production
- Troubleshooting issues that arise and supporting production applications
- Continuously integrate code into the client's on premise and AWS cloud environments
- Transform data science protypes into "production-ready” software products
- Ensure a good data flow between database and backend systems
- Optimize solutions for performance and scalability
- Ensure that the client's methodology, standards, and procedures are implemented
- Ensure that solutions meet the customers' business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high
- Coordinate activities with internal and external technology service providers
- Consult within project team members, other client teams, and outside vendors or consultants to ensure product integrity
- Coach and mentor other developers on the team
- BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field
- 5-7 years of experience hands-on experience designing, developing, integrating, and running business, big data and/or data science applications
- 1-2+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS as a developer
- Experience developing with Python 3
- Experience working with AWS services with an emphasis on managed services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, EventBridge, Step Functions, Aurora, S3, and API Gateway
- Experience developing infrastructure-as-code using AWS tools (e.g., Cloud Development Kit, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (Git, GitLab, Jenkins)
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with backlog management tools (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA)
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Experience with design patterns and implementation for machine learning and data science products
- Experience with design patterns and implementation using microservices architecture
- Understanding or experience with loose coupling of front-end modules on AWS
- Experienced with deploying and managing infrastructures based on Docker, OpenShift, and AWS
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs using Python-based frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI and/or GraphQL
- Experience with Ray for parallel execution in Python - Experience writing complex SQL queries (e.g., queries involving joins and subqueries) and experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL and AWS DynamoDB preferred)
- Experience working with AWS Machine Learning tools (e.g., AWS SageMaker)
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Strong teamwork skills
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
• The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
• Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
• Behavioral Health Platform
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Health Savings Account
• Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
• Voluntary Term Life Insurance
• Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
• Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
• Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.