Network / System Engineer
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||06/01/2023 to 05/31/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Network/System Engineer with our client in the financial industry located in Addison, TX and Charlotte, NC. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- The candidate will assist in guiding engineering choices, obtaining requirements, analyzing data, and proposing technical solutions to deploy, monitor, and maintain long-term compliance with tenant baseline configurations
- Key responsibilities of the role include ensuring that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, compliance, and security requirements
- This role engineers solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust, and well-tested interfaces
- They are familiar with development and testing practices of the client
- This is a core design and delivery role to ensure associated Microsoft 365 and Azure security services are ready to service users globally, are resilient, secure, and have all proper security controls in place to provide protections against industry/regional threats
- Contribute to story refinement/defining requirements
- Participate and guide team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle
- Engineer solutions and unit test to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria, compliance, and security requirements
- Utilize multiple architectural components (across security, data, application, business) in design and development of security requirements
- Contribute to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance), analyze test reports, identify any test issues/errors, and triage the underlying cause
- Document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality
- Participant in the overall design of Microsoft Office 365 architecture across our global business partners and its security frameworks
Pay Range: $63.68-$71.68
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or extensive experience (typically 5+ years) in a related field
- 5+ years of extensive experience and technical knowledge of Microsoft cloud security technologies including Microsoft Purview, Microsoft 365 Defender, Cloud Application Security, Threat Management, Enterprise Endpoint Manager, Azure Defender
- Experience implementing data solutions for large enterprises for Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 services
- Experience with Microsoft Threat Modeling software
- Experience with drafting Rapid Threat Assessments (RTA)
- Understanding of security threat and assessment frameworks (ISO, NIST, MITRE Telecommunication&CK, etc.)
- Strong understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- ITIL certified
- English speaking/writing
- Self-managed and motivated individual
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Able to communicate well with non-technical contacts
- An insatiable curiosity to learn more about new Microsoft technologies and our customer's business
- Advanced business acumen with the ability to understand the ins and outs of our customer's challenges
- Exceptional communication and personal skills, both written, verbal and while presenting to groups, including C-level executives
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Microsoft Azure
- The ideal applicant will be self-motivated and have prior experience engineering, testing, and implementing security services for Microsoft 365
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.