Event Coordinator / Planner
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Jersey City, New Jersey
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/03/2023 to 12/02/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking an Event Coordinator/Planner for an 8 month contract position with a corporate investment banking company located in Jersey City, NJ. This is a hybrid position with support needed for onsite events in NJ & NY.
Events & Experiences drives the global strategic vision for events through collaboration, consistent best practices, and effective governance structures with a focus on delivering high-quality events that enable client engagement and drive business growth.
The Corporate Events Lead Analyst plays a critical role in supporting events, marketing and communications campaigns and has responsibility for planning, coordinating, and executing a variety of events for both employees and clients. They will have the opportunity to partner directly with senior event specialists, key stakeholders, and executives across business lines and regions, understanding their unique needs and executing both hosted events and third-party tradeshows. The ideal candidate is a versatile, collaborative communicator who is eager to learn, possesses grace under pressure, delivers high-quality work, and drives projects forward. They must demonstrate working knowledge of event marketing, vendor management, event technology, and both virtual and on-site event facilitation.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Supports both in-person and virtual events throughout the US and the UK, with direct reporting to a team and manager based in the US (New Jersey) travel will not be required.
- Works efficiently with stakeholders and marketing partners to support and execute integrated event marketing plans
- Assists and takes a lead role in planning and executing a steady stream of client-facing and internal events, both virtually and in-person
- Coordinates a diverse variety of business events, sponsorships, and tradeshows; elements of which include, but are not limited to agenda development, preparation and proofing of written/graphic materials, vendor/site research, contract negotiation, expense management, food and beverage selection, audio visual management, budget reconciliation and post-event analysis
- Works closely with management to develop the event profile (goal, responsibilities, budgets, timelines, etc.) scheduling the date of the event, securing venues, digital platform logistics, negotiating contracts, planning, and coordinating the event
- Creates registration websites and custom email communications including invitations, reminders, and confirmations on Cvent
- Provide operational event support, including but not limited to: onboarding of vendor relationships, processing invoices; privacy topics, tracking and logging of gift and compliance entries, coordinating shipments to conferences/events, ordering supplies, and other operational event support.
- Maintains and builds relationships as necessary with third parties, such as vendors
- Research and coordinate fulfillment of promotional items for general and specific event needs, including inventory management with our merchandise vendor(s)
- High-energy self-starter with ability to work independently across regions, cultures and time zones, with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Proven track record of supporting successful small to mid-scale events and tradeshows, preferably within financial services
- Strong project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle multiple priorities and execute flawlessly with attention to detail
- Experience with virtual/digital events and event technology tools and platforms, including Webex, Microsoft teams, BrightTalk, and Cvent. Natural comfort level and eagerness to learn new applications and systems
- Experience, comfort, and maturity to interact and work well with peers and business partners at all levels, including executives
- Proactive and collaborative multitasker with strong and effective communications skills
- A passionate and high-energy style and positive mind-set
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, marketing or communications or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- 3-5 years of experience in meeting professional field, preferably financial services.
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no corp to corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.