Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/03/2023 to 04/01/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with our client in the transportation industry in their Atlanta, GA location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Seeking an Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Our client is on a journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry, a journey of transformation. They are changing the way we do business from top to bottom as we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision
- Design and develop cloud applications, features, and enhancements with an emphasis on clean, highly efficient, supportable, and well documented code for the full technological stack
- Contribute to agile development teams following 12 Factor application development principles and secure coding practices
- Collaborate with solution architect and business area to analyze technical information and produce quality software
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of software and development experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with Services and Integration Technologies
- Extensive experience with implementing and consuming APIs and Micro Services
- Conceptual knowledge of containers, serverless architecture, pattern and anti-patterns, cloud native application architectures
- Knowledge of automation testing strategies and test cycles
- Experience with or conceptual understanding of relational and no-SQL databases
- Knowledge of REST architecture framework
- Knowledge of design and build tools supporting APIs (Swagger, SwaggerHub, yaml)
- Node.js, Java 8, JEE, Spring 4.3, Angular, React, jQuery, AJAX, HTML 5
- Knowledge and experience with JBOSS and WebSphere or any other Java EE implementation
- Experience with Cloud Technologies including containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS
- Good knowledge of working in Linux and navigating around a Linux system
- Experience with any of the automation testing frameworks like Junit, Jest, Mocha, Chai
- Knowledge of DevOps principles including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices using Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Gradle, Github, SonarQube, Ansible
- Experience with iterative and agile development with frequent releases, familiar with the Agile Manifesto, aware of all Agile ceremonies
- Self-motivated individual with strong verbal and written communication skills
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Airline industry experience is good to have
- Experience with AWS services including ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, SQS/SNS and setting up DevOps pipelines with Tekton/Code Build
- AWS Certification is a plus
- Nice to have experience in XML (XSLT, XPath, XSD), web services (SOAP)
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.