Inventory Control Analyst Level 2
|Category: ||College Graduate|
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/27/2023 to 09/30/2023|
|Pay Rate : ||$ 20.00 - 24.90 /Hour|
Genesis10 is currently seeking aInventory Control Analyst Level 2 for a contract lasting through September 2023 working with a company in Twinsburg, OH.
- This role will take on more of a project lead role with a small taste of production. RA has outsourced some of their materials, so the role will be managing orders- ensuring they are on track, en route, and sending proper quantities/quality- so verifying this with teams and leads on the floor.
- The Production Control Analyst ensures that daily production requirements are met through analysis and reporting of production status. The position works with management team to ensure that deadlines and schedules are met and thereby preventing line stoppages/delays to maintain a high level of customer service. As an individual contributor, the production control analyst's primary functions include the following:
- Driving daily production efficiencies by releasing/sequencing the manufacturing orders related to specific product lines and/or assigned project work based on material/capacity availability and using the Differential Planning strategy specified in the materials planning playbook.
- Managing material availability by setting/monitoring SAP exceptions, actual component usage, and following-up with suppliers on parts and materials needed to support operations
- Responsibility for inventory levels related to specific product lines and/or assigned project work. Assist Central Material Analyst and Master Schedulers in problem-solving and executing appropriate countermeasures for deviations from planned inventory levels (MIN / MAX stocking violations)
- Working with the Central Material Analysts to review inventory planning parameters to establish/maintain appropriate customer service driven safety stock/reorder point levels for components and/or finished goods based on processes specified in the materials planning playbook. (Rockwell Automation: A Guide for Materials Planning)
- Working with the Master Schedulers and Manufacturing Engineers to thoroughly understand and advise on managing short term/long term capacities to minimize the cause for past due orders
- Creating, modifying, and maintaining realistic material, manufacturing and procurement strategies for new product introductions/phase out products to support the NPM (new product manufacturing) process.
- Working with the Master Scheduler to comprehend the monthly production of safety stock or targeted finished goods inventories
- Identifying trends and works with Central Material Analysts and Master Schedulers to proactively recommend safety stock levels based on the product lifecycle
- Updates plant SAP material records as required (lot size, safety stocks, reorder points, lead times, etc.)
- As necessary, follow-up with suppliers on component availability related issues/concerns to ensure shipment and on-time performance to support production requirements
- oIf expediting is necessary:
- 1.Coordinate and / or arrange for premium shipments where necessary
- 2.Confirm and verbally communicate expected EDAs / ETAs of premium shipments to receiving location and / or P&IC Manager
- 3.Update SAP shipment information and appropriate comments, including anticipated date of receipt for expedited shipments, as required
- Coordinate and / or arrange for alternative sources of material, requests for spot buys, as necessary to support production
- Understands and ensures material availability for engineering changes and works closely with NPM to develop activities/processes that will lead to continually improving customer service, inventory, quality, and time-to-market measurements.
- Resolves routine and unusual production problems related to materials us
- age and availability by pro-actively identifying problems and taking a lead in driving resolution.
- Applies knowledge and experience to recommend business processes improvements.
- Ability to learn and to increase and update knowledge and methods affecting area of responsibility.
- Monitor Customer service metrics and analyze performance gaps related to assigned product lines
- Adapts to change by identifying implications of change for Rockwell Automation and own job and adjusting as needed and working with others as appropriate to implement change initiatives.
- Takes accountability for meeting commitments and deadlines.
- Advanced project coordination coordinate complex projects requiring new procedures and methods such as implementing a new system or process.
- Project leader take a leadership role in projects and task forces, and provide technical support when analysis is required. This role would include being the leader in system design and implementation.
- BA in Operations/Supply Chain/Business or equivalent knowledge.
- 2-5 years experience in Production and Inventory Control, Operations, Purchasing, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in material control/production planning environment.
- Evidence of analytical aptitude.
- Advanced manufacturing systems/ planning knowledge ERP experience. SAP system knowledge strongly preferred.
- Advanced PC user Must be able to use software packages including; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in an environment prone to deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively make decisions with limited time and information can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Must be able to develop presentations, documentation, and training on complex subjects. Must be able to present the material to a variety of audiences.
- Provide clear and concise written communications.
- Know and use business metrics in order to evaluate and recommend actions required to achieve Inventory Objectives.
- Analyzes proposed changes in material planning, and assesses the impact on day-to-day activity.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality, and environmental), and functional policies on the Rockwell Automation Information Network. Trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
Compensation is $20-24 per hour.
- APICS (CPIM/CIRM/CSCP) certification preferred or completed within 24 months in position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
Behavioral Health Platform
Medical, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Account
Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.