|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||University Heights, California
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/17/2023 to 04/16/2024|
Genesis10 is seeking a Technical Writer for a remote 12-month contract position with a leading client located in San Diego, CA. This role pays $50-55/hr W2 based on experience.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to help deliver our products to the market.
- As a Technical Writer, you will work with the technical implementation teams to understand the product document requirements and be responsible for creating, and editing high-quality technical documentation, and detailing software and data solutions for mobile applications, including software and system architecture, design, and product requirements.
- Assist in the creation and submission of documentation required for compliance with our Quality Management System.
- Assist in establishing and continuously improving the standardization and simplification of technical writing processes, procedures, and style guidelines.
- Contribute to documentation development lifecycle improvements that enable the efficient delivery of quality documentation content across the organization.
- Convert legacy/previous formatting to latest formatting/style guidelines.
- Create documentation based on standardized templates and will analyze and edit content to maintain continuity of style and content.
- Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusting tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Conduct document reviews and collect input from stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the technical documentation.
- Create data flow diagrams, component diagrams, and similar technical illustrations.
- Ensure content flow, simplicity and consistency across documentation. Adjust copy as necessary for grammar and spelling accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
- Medical Devices
- Drug Discovery
- Regulated Healthcare Industry experience is a plus
- A solid understanding of technical details and the ability to write the documents required for internal and external auditors.
- 5+ years of proven experience producing, editing, and proofreading technical software documentation including converting and translating technical instructions and information into content intended for a variety of audiences and levels.
- Ability to deliver high-quality detail-oriented documentation.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and illustrations to wide-ranging audiences.
- Excellent English language skills (writing, reading, and listening).
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with the SDLC and Agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Proficient with Adobe tools (Acrobat, Framemaker, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience with eQMS Systems, particularly documentation and change management processes.
- Ability to organize and manage your workload and time while handling multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to approach the role with a can-do, collaborative, and positive attitude
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 Contract & Perm Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Atlassian tools - Jira and Confluence
- Markup Languages - Markdown, HTML, XML
- IDEs - VS Code/Eclipse/Atom
- PLM Solutions - Agile PLM/Oracle Cloud PLM
- Requirement Management Tools - IBM Rational DOORS/Jama Software
- Git repository management - GitHub/GitLab
- Familiarity with scripting languages is a plus.
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available