IT Project Manager- Security
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date: ||03/09/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking an IT Project Manager – Security Focused for our client in the Food Manufacturing and Processing Industry. This position is CONTRACT and FULLY REMOTE. The project is expected to run 6+ months. Some travel may be required. Headquartered in Smithfield, VA.
W2 Hourly Pay Rate Range: $55 - $75
The IT Project Manager is responsible for leading project teams and managing all activities in a project life cycle (initiation planning, executing, and closing) associated with projects that are long-term, line of business-wide, and medium to high in risk, scope, and complexity. This role manages a variety of projects at multiple locations. You would be responsible for IT implementation and support; ensuring all stakeholders stay connected.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing business requirements.
- Uses knowledge and expertise in IT & business process to identify opportunities for solving business problems and improving business results.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to PMO, Project Sponsor, IT Management, and other Stakeholders.
- Strong experience with Waterfall project management methodology and understanding of Agile.
- Leads a team of internal developers and/or 3rd party consultants to cost-effectively implement and deliver technology & business solutions.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project (scope, schedule, budget, & resources).
- Evaluates and minimize risks to the project.
- Effectively applies ePMO methodologies and enforces project standards.
- Communicates comfortably with executives and can influence and persuade others.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 7+ years of experience in IT; or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience.
- Ability to manage 3-5 projects small projects, 2-3 medium projects, or 1-2 large projects.
- Experience leading teams and project budgets ranging from $250K to $2 million across multiple functions within the enterprise.
- Experience managing at least two complete lifecycle projects.
- Knowledge of PM and SDLC disciplines and standards.
- Must be proficient in MS Project.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong business process skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented, results-focused, and able to support change management initiatives.
- Must have excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of creating clear and effective presentations, and/or meetings with clients, peers, and management.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position. No Third Parties or Sponsorships.
- Manufacturing industry knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Security projects preferred.
- PMP certification is a plus.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year—in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most of who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. #DIG10-DA