|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Jersey City, New Jersey
|Start Date / End Date: ||05/01/2023 to 04/15/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Application Programmer with our client in the financial industry located in Jersey City, NJ. This is a 11 month + contract position.
- Seeking an application developer to assist in the developing and supporting of a Regulatory Transaction Reporting application across multiple jurisdictions and asset classes for OTC Derivatives and FX products
- The candidate should have a solid experience in development and will be responsible for contributing to all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, development, unit test, QA, UAT, and also tier-2 production support
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Work closely with lead developers to implement Python application architectures and designs
- Maintain existing applications to support operations
- Produce documents including design documents, and class diagrams
- Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects
- Promote quality engineering and good coding practices across the company
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Regulatory Transaction Reporting in CFTC/EMIR/MIFID jurisdiction and should have good working experience with OTC derivative products with any OOP language
- 2 years minimum Python programming language (not as scripts)
- 3-5 year of Object-Oriented Programming experience
- BS in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e., git, svn, etc.)
- Testing (unit, integration, etc.), along with test automation
- Agile development life-cycle experience
- Strong knowledge of SDLC
- Strong understanding of regulatory rules and applications
- The candidate should be a self-starter who enjoys programming, can work as part of a global team and who has successfully delivered significant enterprise-scale projects to end-users previously
- Structured and logical thinking
- Problem solving
- Results oriented
- Independent, self-motivated
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
Pay Range: $58.26-$66.26
- Experience in Dodd Frank regulatory transaction reporting for CFTC, EMIR, or MiFID II is a plus
- Strong Python experience in a development facility like SecDB or Athena
- Distributed message system design/development
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of how to build and use with RESTful APIs
- Exposure to Front and Middle Office functions and controls
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.