Network / System Engineer
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
Charlotte, NCRichmond, VA|
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/10/2023 to 04/05/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Network/System Engineer with our client in the financial industry located in Plano, TX, Charlotte, NC, and Richmond, VA. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Opportunity for a proven Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administrator
- Responsible for the operating system installation, configuration, and support of new internal VMWare cloud virtual servers and baremetal servers while in the build and application deployment phase
- Responsibilities will include OS system builds, software installation, system tuning, resource adjustments, SAN/NAS storage mounts, compliance remediation, and documentation
- This is not a production support role thus no on-call requirements
- 7+ years of Linux administrator, VCS & RedHat Cluster experience
- In depth expertise on Red Hat Linux in an enterprise environment version 6, 7, & 8
- In depth expertise in building and managing virtual server within VMware vSphere
- Experience or exposure to VMware Cloud
- Experience configuring Dell and Client servers DL, Client
- Configuring physical level RAID, OS level LV's, PV's
- Experience configuring Linux kernel tuning and user limits
- Scripting knowledge with Shell and Python and/or Perl
- Working knowledge or experience with BladeLogic or other automation tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in a dynamic and changing environments
- VMWARE ESX
- Must be highly organized and experience in coordinating, managing, and driving meetings
Pay Range: $53.52-$61.52
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet or any configuration management tool is an advantage
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy helpful but not required
- Experienced in VCS and RHCS clustering technologies
- Experienced with Oracle RAC configuration requirements
- Advanced understanding of Networking
- ITIL experience (Service Delivery, Service Management)
- Knowledge of Jira, bitbucket, and git helpful
- RHCE Certification is an advantage
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.