Linux System Administrator
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Charlotte, North Carolina
Plano, TXKansas City, MO|
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/03/2023 to 04/02/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Linux System Administrator with our client in the financial industry located in Charlotte, NC, Kansas City, MO and Plano, TX. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- The Linux System Administrator will deliver operating excellence within the Linux Operations team through cultural, organizational and technology evolution in support of the Event Management function
- The individual will maintain strong operating controls and strict adherence to security and risk management routines through collaboration and partnership with peer and supporting teams
- The individual will build on and develop the team's skillsets in close partnership with Engineering teams to define and deliver Operational requirements
- Support/Manage Redhat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) operating system on VM or x86 hardware
- Support/Manage Unix Solaris on Sparc or AIX on pSeries
- Provide technical assistance/solutions to a wide range of events and user requests through an established ticketing system
- Configure/Maintain Linux/Unix servers, processes, system health monitoring to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Interface and partner with Vendors, Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, Database Administrators and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration
- Communication via email/phone with vendor(s), creation of customer support cases, etc. related to issues/bugs identified as required
- Remediate Linux server and OS issues
- Independently utilize all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- 4 -6+ years of Red hat Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Experience with IBM/Client or Dell x86 hardware
- Experience with IBM pSeries and/or Oracle/Sun Sparc systems
- Experience in Scripting Shell, BASH, Perl
- Experience with VMware ESX
- Storage management: Infoscale/Veritas, VMWare, LVM, EMC and IBM
- Cluster experience with Red Hat, Veritas Cluster (VCS), Oracle RAC
- Working knowledge of AD authentication, Kerberos, Vintella (QAS) and PowerBroker or similar products
- Experience with PXE boot configuration and troubleshooting network connectivity issue around VLANs, Subnets, and firewall
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in bare metal or virtual/cloud environments
- Experience in SAN/NAS configuration and migration
- Excellent communication skills
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.