Sr. QA Lead
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date: ||03/27/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking a QA Lead for the long term contract assignment with this Utility client in Dallas, TX. This is an onsite position.
This position requires the ability to work as a member of the Testing Team at the direction of the QA Manager and Project Leads. The individual must possess the experience to perform the task as a Lead and be capable to lead the testing practice for a large program. This person must also be willing to guide project testing deliverables for the program at the same time lead a group of QA Testers.
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES - For this position, the following skills and competencies must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Lead a group of QA Testers, working in different projects within the program.
- Manage QA testers situated in India or any other offshore locations as well.
- Understand the requirements that are prioritized across different projects within the program and assign/re-assign testers to successfully test each project.
- Assist the program manager in increment planning and provide constant feedback based on QA tasks.
- Review business, functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Responsible for developing and executing Test Plans to ensure delivery of quality software that meets company specifications.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential issues immediately to program management.
- Able to accept constructive coaching and counseling.
- Identify testing requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage.
- Experience with functional automation and load/performance testing concepts and methodologies
- Proficient in ETL and file transfers that function as input and output from applications.
- Knowledge of SQL and any RDBMS.
- Experience with REST APIs, including test execution using Postman and/or Soap UI.
- Experience with Selenium and automation frameworks.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards, including AISC, internal and external audits.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities and supervisory skills to mentor and advise staff, assign, and evaluate work and review staff performance.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle methodologies (Agile)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to customer teams throughout the development process.
- Ability to multitask during managing various projects at the same time.
- Ability to complete Project Specification reviews/analysis or experience in Project Management as related to the review of business documentation for all assigned QA projects to ensure that requirements have been clearly defined.
- Experience with identifying, analyzing, and documenting defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, content and security.
- Must be able to identify the needs of utilizing different tool sets for testing and appropriately assign as needed.
- Must be able to identify need for performance testing for applications and outline the metrics needed for a safe net performance benchmark.
- Ability to understand and create test plans/cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Able to work with a wide variety of personalities in a diverse work environment.
- Self-motivated and flexible to work in a fast-paced, lean environment, with "hands on” team player approach.
- Good written and oral communication skills, presentation and other customer-facing skills
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to render good judgment and sound decisions or seek advice from peers or superiors.
- Able to manage workload in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in testing out of which 6 or more must be with managing a testing team.
- College degree or equivalent
- Possesses a demonstrated proficiency with tools like ALM, JIRA and all Microsoft Office applications is a must.
- Proficient knowledge of Testing tools preferably qTest is a must.
- Experience with concepts of automation and performance testing is a huge plus.
- Must be flexible and willing to work late hours and weekends as required.
- Must be willing to work in an office setting as this is not a remote job requirement.
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year—in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website. Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years. • Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available