|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||New York, New York
|Start Date / End Date: ||01/30/2023 to 07/29/2023|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Database Developer with our client in the financial industry located in New York, NY. This is a 6 + month contract position.
- Developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals
- Ensuring software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements
- Coding solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements
- Ensuring solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust, and well-tested interfaces
- Becoming familiar with development and testing practices of the client
- Contributing to story refinement and defining/clarifying requirements
- Participating and guiding team in sizing/estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle
- Performing spike/proof of concept efforts as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas
- Utilizing multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements
- Assisting team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work
- Contributing to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance)
- Performing analysis of test reports, identifying any test issues/errors, and Triaging underlying cause
- Documenting and communicating required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality
- Participating, contributing, and coaching team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events (e.g., branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes)
- Strong software engineering skills with deep hands-on programming experience in database programming and design using SQL, PL/SQL using Oracle 19c or better (5-7 years)
- In-Depth knowledge of database concepts and hands-on experience in:
- Oracle SQL
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Database Objects
- Database design and development
- Full life-cycle development experience working in data centric applications such as data warehouse, data mart, operational data store, etc. ecosystem including data modelling through final solution
- Ability to perform analysis of performance bottlenecks, propose options, and implement performance tuning recommendations for Oracle database queries/code and batch processes
- ETL Design and Development: Informatica and/or DataStage
- Monitoring performance, troubleshoot and tuning ETL processes as appropriate
- Developing ETL workflows for periodic data loads from source to target databases
- Applying ETL principles and practices, and ability to implement complex solutions to problems
- Designing and building scalable ETL solutions
- Skilled at ideation, design, and deployment of ETL solutions
- Full life-cycle development experience working in data centric applications such as data warehouse, data mart, operational data store, etc. ecosystem including data modeling, ETL, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Strong written and oral communicator who can work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to clearly and succinctly articulate progress, issues, solutions, plans, results, and success
- Ability to provide technical leadership to initiatives and teams
Pay Range: $51.78 - $59.78
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Experience in financial services industry is a plus.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Maven etc.
- Advanced understanding of SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers, partitions, primary keys, different indexes, views
- Linux/Unix shell scripting
- Debugging and modifying existing application
- Installing configuration of applications and maintaining environments
- Batch scheduling software such as Autosys
- External Tables and Directories
- Data Modelling
- Data Dictionary
- Common Packages such as UTLFile, DBMS_OUTPUT
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and determine the feasibility of leveraging the Oracle Enterprise Manager solution as the centralized proactive maintenance solution for Oracle database processes, i.e., report on performance and provide metrics
- Experience with dimensional data models and data model tools such as Toad Data Modeler and/or PowerDesigner
- Experience in BigData (Hadoop) and Exadata is a plus
- Planning skills -- ability to think ahead and be proactive
- Ability to build strong relationships with people of all levels of the organization and influence to bring about positive change
- Positive "can do " attitude
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to encourage and accept feedback from all stakeholders with an open mind and take appropriate actions to follow up
- Voracious learner
- Intellectually curious
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available