Sr. Oracle Database Developer
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Position Type:||Right to Hire|
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/24/2023 to 04/09/2024|
Genesis10 is seeking an Sr. Database Developer for a 12 month contract to hire position with a corporate investment banking company located in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a hybrid position. 1 day per week in the Pittsburgh Office.
Will be working on building out a Data warehouse as part of a multi-year program to build utilities and tools for the firm's cash management business. The Data is currently in flat files. The developer will need to design the tables and then transition the data into the Oracle Data Warehouse. The plan is to transition to Snowflake in 9-12 months.
- Responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy the requirements of one or more user areas.
- May include hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance or enhancement of existing applications.
- Works closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and makes recommendations.
- Prepares deliverables such as source to target mappings and transformation rules documentation.
- Responsible for determining systems requirements for new or modified database application programs, creates the system specifications and Is responsible for the development, testing and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Will receive general direction from the Manager, work closely with business analysts to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes.
- May co-ordinate the activities of the section with the client area and other IT sections (e.g., data base, operations, technical support).
The hourly pay rate range for this position is $98.00 - $107.00
- A good fundamental database developer who can work in conjunction with the data architect/modeler on the data warehouse reporting solution.
- Possess expertise in writing and tuning SQL queries, view, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience interpreting data models and developing database structures; using standard diagramming techniques to design and develop computer data models; and implementing and troubleshooting programming changes and modifications.
- Big data experience required. Strong plus for experience in Snowflake.
- Oracle design and development
- Must have background in developing solutions which are financial in nature.
- Ability to work within a team and lead database efforts and to document customer requirements, translate into technical designs, and explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Strong plus for having Power BI or Tableau experience.
- Top 3 skills: Oracle PL SQL, Python, SnowFlake
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no corp to corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.