|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
Jersey City, NJ|
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/10/2023 to 04/08/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an System Administrator with our client in the financial industry located in Plano, TX and Jersey City, NJ. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Provide Windows Systems Administrator support for Backup MRA Activities
- Responsible for performing daily Windows support tasks and documentation of technical standards
- Support/Manage Windows operating system on VM or x86 hardware, configure and maintain Windows Operating system, enterprise tools
- Perform/Assist on server recovery/restoral
- Provide technical assistance/solutions to a wide range of user requests through an established ticketing system
- Engage and partner with vendors/engineering and other technical teams as needed
- Analyze existing process/application and suggest improvements to eliminate performance bottle necks with available server resource
- Responsible for providing specialized technical and product support to data center personnel diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging of all OS related issues
- Strong Windows System Administration background on physical and virtual environments
- Experience in managing and maintaining Virtual Machines in VMWare Virtual Centers, adjusting the resources, vMotion
- Should have knowledge on different types of file systems
- Experience in DNS, DHCP and Active Directory
- Experience in configuring MS Windows Cluster and troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting OS and Hardware related issues
- Strong VMware Administration background, installing VMware tools
- Flexibility to cover various work schedules and weekend coverage
- Experience with on-call support for the production environments and troubleshooting production applications
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and ability to work on multiple Initiatives
- Strong understanding of Operational Controls and Risk governance aligned to ITIL framework
- Strong understanding of windows command line
- Performance Management
- Remote Administration
- Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Clustering, Virtualization
Pay Range: $44.86-$52.86
- Exposure to load balancing tools and concepts, experience of networking, storage, clustering
- Working knowledge of DMZ's
- Should be able to manage Windows servers within DMZ environments Strong Powershell or Python scripting skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and understanding of interdependencies of actions
- Strong communication, collaboration, and coordination skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured, large scale, business critical environment
- Strong analytical skills for performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience with backup software utilized for VMware virtual machine restores
- Desire to continue to learn new skills and technologies
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.