Network Engineer I
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
|Start Date: ||02/24/2023|
|Pay Rate : ||$ 60,000.00 - 80,000.00 /Year|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Network Engineer I for a permanent position with our healthcare client in Milwaukee, WI and Brentwood, TN.
NOTE: This is a local remote position; must live within 2.5 hours of Milwaukee, WI or Brentwood, TN.
Education and Experience
- Performs the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance/support, and upgrade of networks, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems.
- Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to LAN/WAN.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends networking hardware and software such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, security appliances, storage, remote access systems, and network management systems.
- Configures and upgrades local/metropolitan/wide area networks (LAN/MAN/WAN).
- Installs network/system and performs analysis on network/system applications.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves connection, reliability, or performance issues.
- Validates configuration changes on network behavior & performance prior to deployment.
- Provides implementation activities within the network infrastructure.
- Assists in support and maintenance of enterprise hardware environment.
- Ensures software and hardware are compatible with existing network and systems.
- Assists in developing and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Performs maintenance on network hardware and servers.
- Participates and performs in capacity planning and network monitoring, as required.
- Ensures proper system security procedures are in place.
- Serves as Tier 2/3 escalation contact for End User Services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related area required.
- Minimum 2 years Information Systems experience, including 1 year experience directly with networking technologies required; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment.
- Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Salary Range: $60,000 - 80,000 annually
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties.
- Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
- Must have working knowledge of networking principles.
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Pet Insurance.
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits.
- Variety of Associate Discounts.
- Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available