IT Security Specialist
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/20/2023 to 12/29/2023|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Load Balancing Engineer with our client in the financial industry located in Plano, TX and Charlotte, NC. This is a 9 month + contract position.
- Responsible for tool and service designs within a technical domain that enable business strategies in accordance with architectural governance, standards and policies
- Primary contributor to the creation of infrastructure tools and their integration as an infrastructure service
- Facilitates deployment of technical solution by developing templates, playbooks and automation to be used during implementation
- Main responsibilities will include building relationships with the Line of Businesses (LOB), become member of a global team of load balancing engineers, further improve and maintain Service Request Fulfillment (SRF) process and standards as part of a larger team that is responsible for the health and welfare of the client's Load Balancing infrastructure
- Manage end-to-end lifecycle and delivery of Application Delivery infrastructure
- Create designs based on industry best practices, engineering standards and security principles
- Ensure security controls are implemented and operating effectively as part of solutions delivery
- Lifecycle management code upgrades, vulnerability patching and EOL replacement programs
- Create detailed implementation plans and runbooks for downstream execution teams
- Manage a wide variety of technology infrastructure and business aligned projects
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams from service design through operations transition process for new services
- Perform design validation and QA testing of new services to ensure successful production deployment
- Maintain KPI standards by meeting SLA
- Reduce change related incidents by maintaining peer review and implementation standards
- Metrics reporting and presentation to senior leadership teams
- Minimum 5 years of F5 LTM and GTM 1 or more years of F5 APM and ASM experience
- 1 or more years AVI/VMware experience CCNP, F5 201, and/or demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Candidate must be able effectively troubleshoot advanced networking issues in a complex environment with knowledge of commonly used protocols (BGP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and SSL)
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate with other technical areas to define complex configuration designs
- Subject matter expertise of load balancer, DNS, SSL off loader
- Functional understanding of F5's API iControl and application integration
- Must have expertise in application switching and traffic management, deep knowledge of application requirements (such as persistence), understand SSL offload and implementation of SSL certificate and Key, and web acceleration and TCP optimization
- Understanding of SSL Certificate Private Key Infrastructure (PKI) in the SSL Certificate and KEY management and rollover process
- Expertise in planning, designing, and implementing enterprise-level network security technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to present at an executive level
- Experience managing large, globally dispersed teams of engineers
- 5-7+ years network engineering and/or technology management experience
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- Experience with root cause analysis, risk mitigation, security assessments, analysis of security threats, trends and architecture
- Functional knowledge of F5 advanced feature modules including Web Accelerator, Application Security Module, and Application Policy Module
- Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes, ITIL Certification preferred
- Python development experience and bash scripting experience
- Use of mitigation methods including use of network Packet filters and iRules
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs is a continuous learner
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect, and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.