|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/13/2023 to 12/15/2023|
Our client, the world's leading search engine and technology company, is seeking a UX/Visual Designer. This is a 9 month + contract located in Seattle, WA and a hybrid remote position.
- Execute tasks within the scope of a broader project under general guidance from manager, team lead, or senior designers.
- Design user flows, frameworks, visual/UI designs, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate how the design quality achieves the required results.
- Select appropriate design methods, tools, and processes from options provided by manager or senior team members to address technical challenges under some guidance.
- Begin to influence project, program or product decisions by providing support to senior key decision makers (e.g., facilitating workshops, crafting/delivering presentations).
- Address low-complexity problems and recommend standard design and/or user solutions by applying or extending established design principles, patterns, resources, and tools.
- Understand when to escalate more complex challenges to senior team members or managers when necessary.
- Develop working relationships within a team and begin participating in cross-team collaborations with peers by sharing knowledge related to a broad set of tasks.
- Pair with other UX designers to conduct peer reviews.
- Execute delegated tasks related to well-defined project timelines, goals, and objectives, and clarify assumptions with stakeholders before creating or finalizing designs.
- Work with more senior UX designers to deliver design features or services that maintain product quality and consistency.
- Utilize foundational knowledge of UX design principles, style guides, user-centered product development, user data analysis, and primary research methods and tools.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the impact of design contributions on product value, user needs, business goals, and brand equity, with an awareness of when to seek additional support and guidance.
- Responsibilities under the direction of your Manager:
- Advocate UX design
- Help communicate design approach to other designers or partners (e.g., product manager).
- Create design deliverables
- Create design specifications (e.g., red-lines, mock-ups, or product models) for implementation.
- Creating design solutions
- Identify innovative design solutions to user, product, and business problems. Respond to evolving design constraints.
- Design execution
- Apply UX writing and content design frameworks for user experiences, including principles, patterns, and systems. With guidance, leverage standard writing and design tools to help develop mock-ups or prototypes. Identify product or platform requirements, and follow well-defined design templates, style guides, and accessibility guidelines.
- Design process and vision (UX Design)
- Contribute to a design system, or design language for a product with some guidance.
- Designing for impact
- Identify design solutions based on user insights, business needs, and industry trends that help achieve business objectives.
- Designing for user needs
- Create design concepts (e.g., mock-ups, prototypes, models) to express ideas for user research/testing in collaboration with UX researchers.
- Iteration of design
- Iteratively improve design based on UX testing and partner/stakeholder input with some guidance.
- Planning and prioritization
- Complete prioritized design work across projects and communicate priorities with team members. Collaborate with partners to prioritize UX design opportunities.
- Understanding the product
- Use key data and metrics to evaluate product impact and invest in understanding the product ecosystem, user trends, and industry (e.g., competitors).
- Understanding user needs
- Analyze user needs through collaboration with others,and help identify defined problems to defined solutions in strategy, product, or technology.
- Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Dedicated heads down time to iteratively design new or existing Ad formats.
- Partner with XFN partners (PM, Eng, PgM, etc.) to intimately collaborate on priorities, review designs, and prepare for leadership reviews.
- Partner with fellow members of your design team and other designers across the larger SAGE org to ensure consistency of UI patterns and solutions being proposed.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/Visual Designer.
- Aesthetic sensibility
- Ability to make design decisions that increase the overall appeal of a product based on relevant aesthetic trends and appropriate application and product brand styling.
- Ability to make design decisions that result in a coherent product, platform, or user experience, including the ability to question and assess execution, craft, longevity, and scale of designs.
- Ability to prepare effective presentations in content and function, and to speak competently to the level of the audience.
- Product design
- Knowledge of product design principles and user-centric processes.
- Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- College Degree is desired.
Pay rate range: $60.53 - $75.65 hourly.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.