|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Mountain View, California
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/27/2023 to 03/22/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Software Engineer with our client in Mountain View CA. This is a 12-month + contract and a 100% remote position.
- Our client was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, Client opportunities, and gain insights.
- Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can.
- They are much more than a digital resume we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
- Our client aims to close the skills gap and to provide economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce through our ever-growing library of content coupled with the rich data and insights that our client's economic graph offers.
- The Creation team within our client is helping build the machine behind our massive library of learning content.
- We are building products that help our studio teams around the world bring in instructors and create content that helps learners build the skills they need to achieve more in their careers.
- Our client's highly collaborative eng team consists of engineers of all levels, from those who are earlier in their careers to seasoned technical leads who can help provide the guidance and mentorship needed so each team member can grow their skills and ultimately experience the same career transformation works to offer our members.
- As a backend engineer on the team, you will partner with product, design, and stakeholders across the content production and post-production teams to build our centralized content management product.
- You'll tackle interesting tech challenges in multiple tech stacks, leading feature development from ideation through our design, implementation, and release processes, working closely with and learning from our team of strong engineering talent.
- You will own the back-end development for key projects in our product and collaborate with visual/interaction designers, other engineers, and product managers to launch new features, iterate on existing features, and scale our systems.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- You will produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- You will implement cutting-edge technologies and will be writing state-of-the-art code to keep our client at the cutting edge of current technology.
- Your specific expertise will be required to make the site delightful, secure, performant, and accessible to all our members.
- You will meet with colleagues including product managers, designers, and other engineers assigned to your project(s).
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5 years of industry experience.
- Proven coding skills in Java and strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience designing and working with APIs (REST/GraphQL).
- Basic command-line skills and version control (Git, etc.).
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale, and common tools used to build it like IDE's, JUnit, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and database architecture.
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
Pay rate range: $53.30 - $75.00 hourly.
- Strong technical design sensibilities, including a collaborative approach to API design.
- Experience building enterprise software or internal tools supporting midsize or large companies, including collaborating with product, design, and other cross-functional partners from ideation through production release.
- Experience with good software design and implementation skills including documentation, design trade-offs, resource management, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, and as a Best Company for Career Growth, Diversity, and Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most of who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.