Sr. Database Administrator (Oracle and DB2)
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||02/20/2023 to 08/21/2023|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Sr. Database Administrator (Oracle and DB2) with our client in the transportation industry in their Atlanta, GA and Minneapolis, MN locations. This is a 6 month + contract position.
- Seeking a Sr. Database Administrator (Oracle and DB2)
- Our client is on a journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry, a journey of transformation. They are changing the way we do business from top to bottom as we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision
- Seeking 2 Senior Database Administrators (DBA) to assist with the 2023 Air4 Disaster Recovery Project
- The DBA will initially provide backfill support for other resources on the team who have already started work on the project, assisting in day-to-day activities on the Engineering and Level 3 Operations Support teams
- DBAs will collaborate to design, test, document, and deploy client-standard DR solutions for the Oracle and DB2 databases which are in scope for the project
- DBAs on-boarded for this project will take over primary responsibility for the remainder of the deployments and testing, as well as working with the business and application development teams to test and certify the solutions
- 6+ years of experience required
- Candidates should be comfortable working independently and possess strong organizational and both written and spoken communication skills
- A qualified Oracle resource would have 5+ years of administration experience, specifically in deploying and troubleshooting Linux-based ASM, RDBMS, RAC, and Active DataGuard solutions with versions 11.2 and newer
- The IBM DB2 resource should have 5+ years of administration experience, knowledge supporting DB2 11 and 11.5 configurations on RedHat Linux 6 and 7, as well as Oracle GoldenGate for data replication and sync
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Some AWS experience is a plus
- Experience with AWS RDS or EC2 is also a plus, but not mandatory for this project
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.