Sr. Windows Engineer
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Charlotte, North Carolina
Jacksonville, FLAtlanta, GAPlano, TX|
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/10/2023 to 04/09/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Sr. Windows Engineer with our client in the financial industry located in Plano, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Atlanta, GA, and Charlotte, NC. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- The Sr. Windows Engineer is responsible for building a platform to support the full stack including application integration, performance management, security implementation, configuration management, and problem management against an array of services and function at a platform and host level
- Design and implementation of Windows systems with consideration for requirements to deploy resilient, highly available environments
- Focus on server events and operating system baseline compliance
- Identification and implementation of standardized solutions for client operational support tasks
- Will develop tools/script methodologies, focusing on the stability, security and performance of the enterprise
- Work closely with product owners, core hosting operations, and engineering staff on a daily basis
- At least 6 years event and Windows Server Operating System experience
- PowerShell, Python or other scripting
- Knowledge and experience supporting core systems and storage platform services in which the infrastructure is dependent
- Ability to self-manage projects with clients and technical peers to tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good understanding of Windows Server Operating System
- RHEL operating systems a plus
- Solid understanding of storage products (NAS, SAN, etc.)
- Solid understanding of load balancing
- Experience with enterprise tools such as BladeLogic, Discovery, and Tanium is a plus
- Working knowledge of Jira is a plus
- Knowledge of RESTful web services (REST) is a plus
- Bitbucket/GIT is a plus
- Understanding of code repository/VSC technologies and best practices
- Solid understanding of networking and DMZ environments
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
For contract roles, Genesis10 offers the benefits listed below. If this is a perm-placement opportunity, our recruiter can talk you through the unique benefits offered for that particular client.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.