Sr. Kafka Messaging Architect/Developer
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||San Diego, California
|Start Date / End Date: ||02/20/2023 to 08/19/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking a Sr. Kafka Messaging Architect/Developer for a 6-month remote contract position with a client located in San Diego, CA . This role pays $70-80/hour W2 depending on experience.
The Sr. Kafka Messaging Architect/Developer will drive the design, implementation, and
adoptions of the client real-time stream data platform that will be a key enabler for our
cloud-based business-application architecture. The client has enjoyed significant growth
over the past several years, and with that, the Integrations platform is evolving from a
departmental batch-oriented ETL solution to a global enterprise platform to adapt to the
global expansion of the business.
- Define strategy and roadmap of the NextGen real-time event-bus platform based on
Apache Kafka and microservices architecture.
- Establish best practices for implementing our platform based on identified use cases and
required integration patterns
- Accelerate our adoption of the Kafka ecosystem by creating a framework for leveraging
technologies such as Kafka Connect, KStreams/KSQL, Schema Registry, and other
- Assist in building out the DevSecOps strategy for hosting and managing our microservice
and connector infrastructure in the GCP cloud
- Explore real-time, predictive analytics and machine learning on operational and business
data captured on the platform to enable new business opportunities
- Mentor existing team members by imparting expert knowledge to build a high-
performing team in our NextGen technology
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a Technical discipline and a minimum of 13+
years of related experience, or a master's degree and 8+ years of equivalent industry
experience, or a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
- Seasoned messaging expert with strong fundamentals in distributed systems design,
implementation, and operations. Possesses an established track record with Kafka
technology with hands-on production experience and a deep understanding of the Kafka
architecture, fault-tolerance, and internals of how it works
- Thinks architecturally in terms of the bigger picture, and has strong design instincts
- Hands-on experience as a developer who has used the Kafka API to build producer and
- Practical experience with Kafka Connect, KStreams, and KSQL, with ability to know how
to use effectively for different use cases, including how to scale and make fault tolerant
- Strong familiarity of wire formats such as XML, JSON, Avro, CSV, etc. along with
- Solid programming proficiency with Java, and best practices in development. Passion for
writing high quality, rock-solid software, including test automation (unit/integration)
- Experience with DevSecOps and cloud-native technology having practical experience
with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Terraform is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack, as well as familiarity of network
routing protocols and usage of associated network tools. In addition, knowledge of security
protocols such as TLS, Kerberos, and OAUTH2, JWT, and how they work and integrate
into Kafka, microservices, REST Proxy, and Kafka Connectors
- Has worked with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, and has ability to write well-
structured user stories and participate in agile ceremonies using Jira as the agile tool
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written form. Able to interact with
technical IT staff and business people, while speaking at the appropriate level of the
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
Behavioral Health Platform
Medical, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Account
Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Knowledge of other message-bus architectures such as IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, Tibco,
- Familiarity with Dell Boomi is a plus
- Exposure to one or more of these following business applications is desirable - Oracle EBS
and Fusion, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce
- Familiarity with database and SQL-based technology such as Oracle DB, PostgreSQL,
and NoSQL stores a benefit, e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, and data lakes such as