|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Charlotte, North Carolina
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/01/2023 to 04/01/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Database Administrator with our client in the financial industry in their Charlotte, NC location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Participates in design, development and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies
- Viewed as the subject matter expert for the team
- Manages multiple, moderately complex projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants or managers
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems
- AlwaysOn performance and tuning including for large high tier environments
- Perform SQL database administration for SQL Server 2008 to 2019+ and peripheral features/products such as Always On, log shipping, mirroring, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS (dbcc, backups, re-indexing)
- Perform database migrations (SQL 2008 through 2019+)
- Troubleshoot complex systems to identify bottlenecks (SQL, IO, hardware, query related, etc.); resolve database related issues
- Provide performance tuning advice
- Support release rollouts/builds for application teams; this requires client management, communication, and coordination skills in addition to comfort with change management concepts
- Communication with applications and within projects is critical
- Provide production support for multiple high-profile applications/projects in time sensitive situations
- Should be available for covering releases, DB maintenances/DR tests that may occur during off hours or weekends
- 7+ years with SQL Server Administration
- Computer Science degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
- Prior client experience, preferably as a DBA or with our team, would be very helpful
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available