|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Charlotte, North Carolina
|Start Date / End Date: ||03/14/2023 to 03/14/2024|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Release Train Engineer with our client in the financial industry in their Charlotte, NC location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Responsible for creating the flow of epics/features and the value delivered by an Agile Release Train (ART) containing Kanban and Scrum agile teams
- Coordinates and facilitates the ART ceremonies, manages dependencies across teams in the ART, and provides visibility into the health of epic/feature delivery and the overall program increment
- Ensures impediments to epic/feature delivery are resolved quickly and protects the teams from outside disruptions to delivery
- Manages financials for the ART and assist with resource planning
- Helps define norms/agreements for the ART and enforces the agreements
- Coordinates and facilitates ART ceremonies - e.g., Backlog Refinement, Program Increment (PI) Planning, ART Sync (or PO Sync, Scrum of Scrums), System Demos, Retrospective
- In collaboration with the PM, ensures the program has a healthy product/program backlog
- Facilitates dependency management/risk management/impediment removal for the ART
- Promotes/facilitates communication and collaboration within the ART to support value delivery and PI commitments
- Responsible for providing status updates and reporting pertaining to ART plans/delivery/timelines/impediments to stakeholders and leadership
- Ensures Enterprise Change Management and other policy requirements for technology solutions are met for the epics/features delivered by the ART
- Measures ART delivery, maturity, and performance and reviews the metrics with the ART to identify improvement opportunities
- Captures data to help determine/track product funding and resource acquisition needs
- Individual contributor
- Focus is on the continuous flow of work in an Agile Release Train, and on planning and delivering valuable work via the teams on the train
- Single Point of Contact for ART regarding status and coordination to POs, dependent teams, delivery leads, etc. all work in the ART
- JIRA tool - Responsible for JIRA data required for ART steering and execution, as well as preparing preliminary steering actions for decision by steering committee
- Ensure features/stories are sprint-ready by partnering with Solution Architects to facilitate release- and feature-based architecture, and by partnering with Product Consultants, Client, and TAs to ensure stories are properly elaborated
- Agile Coach
- Own the Op Model for the assigned train - Manage and Optimize the flow of value through the ART
- Tech Delivery single POC for their ART
- Escalate impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery, and help drive improvement
- Help configure "SAFe Agile practices to Shared Services organization and their assigned ART's needs, then run the ART in alignment with these documented practices
- Facilitating PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process that drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events
- Contribute to steering decision-making by facilitating capability sequencing, estimation and tech delivery recommendations
- Coaching stakeholders Agile practices and mindsets
- Manage risks and dependencies
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
- Work with the Program Management on program execution and operational excellence
- Understand and operate within Initiative and BASE financial targets
- Assess the agility level of the ART and help them improve
- Foster Communities of Practice across relevant areas of the digital tech organization
- Must have Facilitating PI planning event work type experience
- Able to summarize Team PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Understand Scrum of Scrum - Tracking the execution of features and capabilities within assigned ART
- Able to communicate ART status and synchronization routine to Sr App Manager, App Managers, other stakeholders within SS
Pay Range: $63.94- $71.94
- 5+ years as Tech Analyst, Scrum Master, or Technical Project Manager
- End to end program delivery experience on digital technology programs
- Advanced understanding of JIRA, SQL, excel, and related ability to build dashboard reporting tools
- RTE, Scrum Master, or other similar SAFE Agile certifications
- Software Development, Test Management experience
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available