Sr Engineer, PTC Applications
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||Kansas City, Missouri
|Start Date / End Date: ||04/10/2023 to 08/18/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking a Sr Engineer for a contract with our client in Kansas City, MO.
- The Application Engineer (AE) will be dedicated to the Positive Train Control (PTC) initiative supporting the development, configuration and implementation of key applications onboard locomotives.
- This position will work with a small group of Application Engineers supporting the same goals of PTC delivery.
- The willingness to learn new applications and design new solutions are critical to the success of this role.
- The ability to work within a flexible, changing environment is a must; we are often learning by trial and error, proof of concept and detailed analysis.
- This position requires prior experience in software development, preferably with Python as well as a Linux environment dealing with network and security issues.
- This position provides 7 day x 24 hour on-call support on a rotating schedule with the other members of the PTC Applications Engineer team.
Additional Duties include:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant application Implementation of security and data protection Work collaboratively with internal teams to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features Supports locomotive device configuration and network setup and test.
- Determines field deployment and configuration procedures for devices (procedures, install guides, etc.).
- Provides Field validation support for configuration and communication of devices.
- Acts as liaison on an engineering level between PTC Back Office team and other groups.
- Identify and implement ways to install/support applications over IP Manage and maintain IP tables and firewall configurations
- Advanced Systems/network engineering experience with security understanding Efficient use of Python, shell or other open-source scripting languages
- Demonstrated ability to work within DevOps environment In-depth knowledge with system logging and alerting solutions
- Demonstrated ability to complete solutions with limited requirements defined
- Debugging within a complex environment that includes multiple connected devices
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional small work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills within the team environment
- Ability to work effectively within a variety of solutions
- Desire to work in an environment with undefined elements where trial and error is common
- Previous experience and efficiency using an Influx time-series database, Kapacitor Real Time Stream Processing and Telegraf Source Server Agent tools
- 8+ in technology related field. Railroad Industry definite plus
- 5+ years of scripting, Python is preferred years of managing a Linux or
- 5+ other UNIX platform
- Previous experience working with networking and/or security within a Linux environment
- Previous experience to be efficient working in Ansible and Jenkins Previous experience with ELK (Elastic) stack Previous experience working with IP tables Previous experience working with system event logging
- Previous experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Previous experience with SIEM tool
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Hourly W2 pay rate $85.00 - $60.00
- We have access to additional contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions with various rate ranges.
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.