|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
|Start Date: ||02/27/2023|
|Pay Rate : ||$ 80,000.00 - 130,000.00 /Year|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Security Engineer for a direct hire position, working hybrid with a major investment provider in the Milwaukee, WI area.
- Create and maintain technical security policies for IT Security related tools.
- Investigate and report on security-based alerts across multiple security tools.
- Assist other team members in the investigation and remediation of escalated security issues.
- Maintain, upgrade, and replace IT Security hardware.
- Contribute, as a member of various project teams, to improve the client's IT Security environment.
- Assist in the evaluation and proof of concept of new technology tools.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and skills and apply them to other IT security controls.
- Assist with audits of the network and server infrastructure, desktop firewalls, anti-virus, and other security-related applications.
- Seek out and apply new technologies and skills in daily work through conferences, online training, reading, participation in organizations and user groups, etc.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Information technology is a core part of the client's business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm.
- Computer World Best Company to Work For with collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Opportunity to provide expertise and contribute to the critical firm initiative of IT Security.
What we look for:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of prior security experience is required, preferably with a network focus.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and technologies in an enterprise environment
- IT Security related certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or applicable technical certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsability to effectively exchange ideas and information and effectively relate to others to accomplish work responsibilities.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please apply.
- Firewalls, such as Palo Alto, Checkpoint or Cisco
- IPS, such as Cisco, Checkpoint or Zscaler
- Managed Detection and Response/SIEM, such as Devo, QRadar, Splunk.
- Endpoint security, such as Crowdstrike, Cisco Secure Endpoint, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- DLP technologies, such as Proofpoint, Zscaler, M365
- Cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Cloud-based Secure Web Gateways, such as Zscaler, Cisco Umbrella, Netskope
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities available
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.